Sign in to follow this  
xiaubauu2009

My terrible skill

A few months back, I was very excited with using Leica M246 on a Cambo Actus, turning Leica M into a technical camera, a real B+W technical camera.... however, due to work schedule, I have not had any opportunity to use this setup right after I first tested it.

Since it's Typhoon season in Shanghai, I have decided to wake up early today and try out this setup again.... and the result are terrible!! The shame of me shooting about 20 shots only to remember that I didn't even focus my composition.... and the worse is that I even forget to secure and disengage LV to reduce shutter shake... the result speaks for itself.... terrible...

I think I need more practice!

Leica M Monochrom Type 246 + Cambo Actus + Cambo Actar 24mm f/3.5

3 Image Stitched!

A few months back, I was very excited with using Leica M246 on a Cambo Actus, turning Leica M into a technical camera, a real B+W technical camera.... however, due to work schedule, I have not had any opportunity to use this setup right after I first tested it.

Since it's Typhoon season in Shanghai, I have decided to wake up early today and try out this setup again.... and the result are terrible!! The shame of me shooting about 20 shots only to remember that I didn't even focus my composition.... and the worse is that I even forget to secure and disengage LV to reduce shutter shake... the result speaks for itself.... terrible...

I think I need more practice!

Leica M Monochrom Type 246 + Cambo Actus + Cambo Actar 24mm f/3.5

3 Image Stitched!

Despite all technical hickups I really love your picture, the mood is fantastic. Hopefully you get another try one day - of course without any of the damage that may come with a typhoon.

Edited by mich

Shanghai is nice with the Monochrom, a few years ago I've been there at a similar position and made some long exposure pictures:

Shanghai by Dirk Raffel, auf Flickr

The idea with the three stitched images is great! I'm already looking forward to see the focused results!

I gave it a try again today. Woke up at 3:30am, drove to the Bund, and pick a more solid ground to setup the camera.

The result is much better and I finally recover some of the technique and discipline...

Leica M Monochrom Type246 + Cambo Actus + Cambo Actar 24mm f/3.5

Leica M Monochrom Type246 + Cambo Actus + Rodenstock Rodagon WA 60mm f/4

Shanghai is nice with the Monochrom, a few years ago I've been there at a similar position and made some long exposure pictures:

Shanghai by Dirk Raffel, auf Flickr

The idea with the three stitched images is great! I'm already looking forward to see the focused results!

Exactly the same spot! Nice Shot!

I gave it a try again today. Woke up at 3:30am, drove to the Bund, and pick a more solid ground to setup the camera.

The result is much better and I finally recover some of the technique and discipline...

Leica M Monochrom Type246 + Cambo Actus + Cambo Actar 24mm f/3.5

Leica M Monochrom Type246 + Cambo Actus + Rodenstock Rodagon WA 60mm f/4

Looks great. How did you do the stitching?