Advertisement (gone after registration)

Spotted in Winchester yesterday.

M240 + 35mm Summarit f2.5

Gerry

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 18

Lovely.  I think the image would be stronger still with some cropped from either the left or right, however, cropping from the left (the dark gray building) the better choice to keep the period feel -- thereby moving the Seven off center.

• 2 weeks later...

The first time I drove an Austin 7, over 50 years ago, I was asked by a friend at university if I could take his Austin 7 back to his parent's house, after he had broken his ankle and couldn't drive it. He asked me, as he knew I could drive non-synchro gearboxes, having had a 3 wheeler Super Sport Morgan with 3 speed "crash" box. I managed to crank it into life but the clutch pedal did not seem to move more than about 1/2 an inch. I switched it off and went back to his room to tell him that the clutch release had failed, only to be told that was normal and how they were. Apparently it was very common for the many folk to learnt to drive on Austin 7's, to suffer from "kangaroo petrol". A multi-plate 5" carbon fibre clutch on a single seat racecar is child's play, after an Austin 7.  :)

Wilson

The first time I drove an Austin 7, over 50 years ago, I was asked by a friend at university if I could take his Austin 7 back to his parent's house, after he had broken his ankle and couldn't drive it. He asked me, as he knew I could drive non-synchro gearboxes, having had a 3 wheeler Super Sport Morgan with 3 speed "crash" box. I managed to crank it into life but the clutch pedal did not seem to move more than about 1/2 an inch. I switched it off and went back to his room to tell him that the clutch release had failed, only to be told that was normal and how they were. Apparently it was very common for the many folk to learnt to drive on Austin 7's, to suffer from "kangaroo petrol". A multi-plate 5" carbon fibre clutch on a single seat racecar is child's play, after an Austin 7.  :)

Wilson

Thanks for the interesting story Wilson. All my cars have had fully synchro gear boxes fortunately but I can imagine the problems.

Gerry