Sign in to follow this  
dnease

EVF fails to auto switch on TL2

Just updated to firmware 1.4, and am noticing that my EVF now fails to auto switch from the monitor on the back of the camera to the EVF when I put my eye up to the camera. I had been using the function button to switch modes with the old firmware, so not sure if this was a pre-existing fault.

Any suggestions?

Guest VVJ

Can you verify that you have EVF-LCD (in the Monitor/EVF menu) set to Auto?

Edited by JorisV

Can you verify that you have EVF-LCD (in the Monitor/EVF menu) set to Auto?

Yes. It is set to Auto.

I have had this same problem. I often have to reboot the camera by removing the battery for it to work again. I manually switch between the two to avoid the frustration.

I have had this same problem. I often have to reboot the camera by removing the battery for it to work again. I manually switch between the two to avoid the frustration.

Rebooting didn't seem to help. And I used to manually switch between the two by assigning that to the Function button, but that no longer appears to be an option available in the function menu.

Thanks for the input. I decided that perhaps a good cleaning of the glass of the EVF would help, and indeed it did. Problem solved!

Thanks for the input. I decided that perhaps a good cleaning of the glass of the EVF would help, and indeed it did. Problem solved!

Rebooting and cleaning the glass didn't do it for me. Losing the ability to switch using the function button is  crazy. If I can't use the EVF I won't use the camera. 

Rebooting and cleaning the glass didn't do it for me. Losing the ability to switch using the function button is  crazy. If I can't use the EVF I won't use the camera.

Hello Nspur - wondering if your issue is similar to the problem I have been experencing... see recent thread entitled "EVF fails to wake up after auto power off"?

I will update that thread after I get a response from Leica Germany who are currently looking at my erratic evf.

Just an update... The update to firmware version 1.5 fixed the EVF issue along with some bad oscillating behavior by my Summicron T 23. Yay!