Book for free: Standard lenses made in Germany

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Please feel free to download my first volume about standard lenses made in Germany, not so much Leitz lenses, I guess you will see more in volume II which will follow end of the year.

Absolutly free, no costs, free for plrint out, if you want, or for to give it to any other interested collector or user.

I know it is not a real professional work but for me it were important to show something about the lenses made between 1900 until the 1980th.

You can also find typing errors in there and I can´t garantee that everything I wrote about the lenses in 100% true but I did my very best.

Comments are welcome but please be fair, it is a lot of work and you should see it in realtion to it.

230 sides, 43 MB

The link for the download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13EoQBY8BLFmkEFEY30dRjPDdf5gyGjhY/view?usp=sharing

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by norma
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry for my terrible English in this book but I hope it is unstandable and if not so it is maybe funny.

I guess that I don´t want to start with this book again in any kind, for me it is finished. I have so much new ideas and not so much time, it is a big problem.

Maybe the second volume will be better or, more simple, no, or less text, I have to think about it.

Many thanks for your amazing effort. I should be happy to assist Jaap with proof reading if required. I have a program called PDF Pen Pro where I am currently reading the document. If you are happy to allow me to make spelling corrections, all I would need is for you to PM me the password to unlock the document. English is my first language. What might work best for you would be to convert the document to Microsoft Word and then use the "Track Changes" facility where you can see any corrections and either accept or decline them.

The travel agent in Delhi, that my wife and I have used for the last 14 years for our trips to India, has now become a friend. I proof read all his literature, advertising and brochures for him, using "Track Changes" to suggest corrections. 

Wilson

Edited by wlaidlaw
  • Like 2

Well done, lovely work. Did I miss an index? For a book like this an index would he very helpful. You might also look at the Lens 'Vade Mecum' here http://www.antiquecameras.net/lensvademecum.html. I find this very useful when researching historical lenses.

William

I have to admit to not having read all 1105 pages of this massive tome but it is a useful reference work. I keep meaning to print it all out double sided and put it in a loose leaf lever arch binder. I am more comfortable with this sort of work as the written word rather than on screen format, although the find facility in PDF Pen can be useful. 

Wilson

• 1 year later...