Note to self... setting ISO

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When setting the ISO on my M 262 do NOT expect a half press of the shutter to confirm the setting just dialed in.

I should know this by now.  Seems like I have to take a bunch of shots at the wrong ISO (I have auto preview turned off and don't manually preview all that often) before I figure out I did the wrong thing.   To make matters worse my Q DOES confirm the dialed in setting with a half press.

I do wish Leica would standardize their software.  And that I could remember the appropriate steps.

Grumble.

That intrigues me as I remember not to do anything more than just dial the ISO value.

The value dialed in stays put untill another value dialed in.

To be sure, I tried the sequence with my M (typ 262) firmware 1.0.0.7,

it's just that : push "ISO" button, turn the wheel to say 1000, shutter button, then "info" result with ISO 1000.

I tried without pushing "ISO" button while turning the wheel, the value dialed in NOT set.

• Like 1

Well, Auto ISO is part of the problem.  90% (or more) of the time Auto ISO is fine so I'm not changing ISO all that often.   Because of that when I do feel the need to change it takes me several tries because I automatically half press the shutter.  At least mostly I've learned to check the set value when making a change.  Mostly.   Grumble.

Thank you a.noctilux.  I'd forgotten about that.   Must train muscle memory.

Edited by marchyman

Well, Auto ISO is part of the problem.  90% (or more) of the time Auto ISO is fine so I'm not changing ISO all that often.   Because of that when I do feel the need to change it takes me several tries because I automatically half press the shutter.  At least mostly I've learned to check the set value when making a change.  Mostly.   Grumble.

Thank you a.noctilux.  I'd forgotten about that.   Must train muscle memory.

One other quick check you can try is push the info button. The set iso is listed there too.

One other quick check you can try is push the info button. The set iso is listed there too.

The ISO displayed by info button is the one going to be used in the picture if you press the shutter in that situation. For fix ISO it is same as set ISO but for auto ISO it depends on light and auto setting. For example, if lens cap is on then it will show highest ISO set in auto ISO.