Aperture value on screen doesn't match aperture ring

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Having just upgraded the firmware to v3.0 I am having difficulties with the aperture as displayed on the screen doesn't mirror what the aperture ring is set at. It has been a while since I used my Q, so I could well be doing something completely stupid...

In this photo, the aperture ring is set to 1.7, but the value in the display is 7.1. The ring and display agree with each other when the ring is set to 16, but all other values and there is a discrepancy.

I have done a RESET, but that didn't resolve anything. Am I being really dumb, or is something wrong with my Q.

TIA

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I haven’t had this issue but my Q sometimes locks up since 3.0 so that the only solution is to remove and replace the battery. As the q is my favourite and most used camera I’m hoping Leica will get out a 3.1 soon!

Neither Red Dot nor Leica Mayfair could fix it over the phone - although were both very helpful - so I am having to return it to Wetzlar. I had rebooted the Q a few times, tried re-installing v3 (but it wouldn't let me). Very fearful of the cost, because I rarely use it (last used 8 months ago) and so won't want to pay much for its' repair... Ho Hum!

I haven’t had this issue but my Q sometimes locks up since 3.0 so that the only solution is to remove and replace the battery. As the q is my favourite and most used camera I’m hoping Leica will get out a 3.1 soon!

A general error regarding the freezing of the Leica Q in relation to the new firmware is currently unknown and has not occurred even in firmware tests lasting several months. This suggests that it is a problem with the SD card or type of SD card or file format of the SD card.

• Like 2

Guest jvansmit

A general error regarding the freezing of the Leica Q in relation to the new firmware is currently unknown and has not occurred even in firmware tests lasting several months. This suggests that it is a problem with the SD card or type of SD card or file format of the SD card.

my Q froze several times during firmware beta testing despite trying different SD cards. The occasion below was probably my fault when chimping/deleting too quickly after taking a series of shots.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by jvansmit
  • Like 1

Same cards as before - which had had thousands of images on them. Sandisk. I format each time I download.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

my Q froze several times during firmware beta testing despite trying different SD cards. The occasion below was probably my fault when chimping/deleting too quickly after taking a series of shots.

Nobody else of the Beta tester had the problem, though, did they? Then we cannot assume that there is a *general* problem with the firmware. You obviously had permanent problems with crashing, others didn't. Another had a problem when using the Q app and another reported that he had crashes even before firmware V3.0, from which no reference to the new firmware can be made.

The current firmware is now in use on thousands of cameras and there are no more reports of crashes than with previous firmware versions. I think you can't assume that this is a firmware problem, otherwise we would have a lot of messages about crashes, which is not the case.

Perhaps the RAM buffer of your Q has a problem?

Guest jvansmit

Nobody else of the Beta tester had the problem, though, did they? Then we cannot assume that there is a *general* problem with the firmware.

The current firmware is now in use on thousands of cameras and there are no more reports of crashes than with previous firmware versions. I think you can't assume that this is a firmware problem, otherwise we would have a lot of messages about crashes, which is not the case.

Perhaps the RAM buffer of your Q has a problem?

Sigh....

One other beta tester reported the issue, and I didn’t say that there was a general issue. If I have a ‘buffer issue’ then it only became apparent after I downloaded the new firmware.

Edited by jvansmit

SighOne other beta tester reported the issue, and I didn’t say that there was a general issue

As I wrote above: "Another had a problem when using the Q app and another reported that he had crashes even before firmware V3.0, from which no reference to the new firmware can be made."

Guest jvansmit

As I wrote above: "Another had a problem when using the Q app and another reported that he had crashes even before firmware V3.0, from which no reference to the new firmware can be made."

Your also wrote "and has not occurred even in firmware tests lasting several months" but I just checked the beta test thread on this, and four beta testers reported freezes. 

​I agree that this is not indicative of a general issue but I do have an issue when you repeatedly attempt to discount other people's experiences.

That is a logical falacy.  The number of happy users has nothing to do with the cause of crashes.  Those seeing a crash may have found a bug.  Or maybe their camera or card is bad.  The cause is unknown until investigated and the actual reason found.

• Like 1