EVF Color Issues

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My first Leica was a Q. It was black, I bought it used and fell in love with it right away. I had no real complaints or issues.

It led me to the M10 which I had for 4 months...it was an amazing piece of gear in every way. But I realized I wasn't shooting as much. It was staying home more than going out. 

I sold it and went back to a Q. This time Silver (which I'm still getting used to but think I will keep). Here's the thing. 

The live view looks great. Colors seem to match, etc. But the EFV.....it has a heavy blue tint. At first I thought there was some kind of protective cover, thats how bad it is. I know for a fact that my last Q did not have this. It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't this blue. 

I bought the Q used so it's not like I can just return it to the dealer. Does it ruin the camera, no....but I don't think it should be this blue. 

I found one other thread on a different forum...but has anyone here experienced this? 

I prefer to set the jpg saturation setting to monochrome. That way when I use manual focus the focus peaking color shows up against the monochrome image. When I look at the EVF on my camera in standard saturation jpg mode I do not see any obvious tint. Good luck solving this.

DanO.

I prefer to set the jpg saturation setting to monochrome. That way when I use manual focus the focus peaking color shows up against the monochrome image. When I look at the EVF on my camera in standard saturation jpg mode I do not see any obvious tint. Good luck solving this.

DanO.

Thanks for the suggestion...I tried it and it does work. I just feel like for this kind of $$ it should be better. Or at least consistent. As I said, the Q I had before was not like this at all. 

probably better to take it to the closest leica shop for them to check..that's a strange suggestion to set the camera to mono...it should be fixed by leica considering what it costs.

you bought it used...did you transfer the registration? does it still have warranty time ? either way you should still get Leica to check it out

Thanks for the suggestion...I tried it and it does work. I just feel like for this kind of $$ it should be better. Or at least consistent. As I said, the Q I had before was not like this at all. 

probably better to take it to the closest leica shop for them to check..that's a strange suggestion to set the camera to mono...it should be fixed by leica considering what it costs.

you bought it used...did you transfer the registration? does it still have warranty time ? either way you should still get Leica to check it outIt's only 2 months

It's only 2 months old. The person I purchased from never registered it so I did. It's the only cam I have at the moment and hate to lose it for who knows how long...but I think you're right, it needs to be fixed. 

thx!

It's only 2 months old. The person I purchased from never registered it so I did. It's the only cam I have at the moment and hate to lose it for who knows how long...but I think you're right, it needs to be fixed.

thx!

Only 2 months old...Definitely take it in to a dealer and compare with another. Send in for service if it really does have a timt.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I’m having the same issue. Bought a silver Q less than 8months old...heavy blue cast in the EVF...seems like a quality control issue. I don’t  have access to a Leica outlet sadly. So unless there’s a hidden menu for adjusting colour temp I my have to suck it up. All other functions work s they should and IQ is excellent.

I’m having the same issue. Bought a silver Q less than 8months old...heavy blue cast in the EVF...seems like a quality control issue. I don’t  have access to a Leica outlet sadly. So unless there’s a hidden menu for adjusting colour temp I my have to suck it up. All other functions work s they should and IQ is excellent.