Problem with focus magnify

magixaxeman

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just picked up my 1 week old M10 to shoot and the focus magnify is no longer working.

The peaking is enabled when it should be but the focus magnify just displays a small grey rectangle in the bottom left corner of the rear screen.

I have tried everything I can think of, but it won't work whether in manual or auto and with a fresh battery.

The only things I have done recently was to put a small soft release on today (finger tight only) and I used the camera on a tripod yesterday, I haven't even had the camera outside,so its all been indoor shooting only.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by magixaxeman

I had the same problem, when my M10 was new. As the rectangle says You have no magnification - the rectangle is totally white. If You choose a magnification of 5x or 10x the rectangle shows the area of the picture that is magnified.

I can't find a menu setting to change the magnification, 

"Customize Control", maybe.  I have the control wheel set to control exposure compensation, in which case it also controls focus magnification WHILE you're focusing.

Had the same "problem", too.