LCD/EVF Intermittent Problem

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Been using the CL for 3-4 weeks, and really love it. All was working well. I upgraded the firmware a week or so ago, all seemed fine, and then took the camera away with me for a week. A persistent, if intermittent fault appears to have developed where the LCD stops working after a shot or two and the EVF is the only way to see things. If I turn the camera off and back on, the screen works again. Sometimes for a long time until turned off, and sometimes after a couple of shots we’re back to EVF only. No idea if this is linked to the upgrade, but does anyone else have experience of this?

Found it, thank you.  It was already turned 'off' so this wasn't it.  But helpful to know the option is there.  Having cleaned the EVF, especially the little window at the top, the problem seems to have gone away - so a physical issue rather than related to firmware or electrics.  Fingers crossed all is well.  Thanks to all three of you for your help.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This problem became chronic with my CL, tried Q-Tips, glasses cleaner on a micro fiber cloth, just as it was becoming a pain there was a thread about using Eclipse with a micro brush, worked the first time for 2 days then it was back to just having the EVF. Sent the camera to Leica, they replaced the sensor, but also said it was dirty, tried everything to clean it. Camera has been great since.