Camera straps revisited

david.kize

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Surprised nobody has chimed in, but I like the Leica leather strap that was included with the original Monochrom.  I have purchased a couple of them for my current bodies:

https://leicastoremiami.com/products/leica-m-monochrom-neck-strap-black?variant=808944545

Eric

• Like 3

My solution is to use PeakDesign quick releases with any strap you want. This set up allows me to quickly change straps or use a wrist strap if I'm carrying the camera in a bag.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 4:47 PM, enboe said:

Surprised nobody has chimed in, but I like the Leica leather strap that was included with the original Monochrom.  I have purchased a couple of them for my current bodies:

https://leicastoremiami.com/products/leica-m-monochrom-neck-strap-black?variant=808944545

Eric

Yes I was also very pleased with the strap of the MM1. If I’m not mistaken I also posted that here. I find it the first real good strap Leica ever delivered with a camera, not in the least because they said goodbye to the Japanese puzzle to attach it to the body and turned to a normal key-ring of high quality. 

Edited by otto.f

1 hour ago, mrcmrc said:

Can anyone tell me if the original straps that come with the M10-P can also be used with the Leica half case? Is it just my impression that the strap lug protector is not compatible with the half case? 

Thanks!

My M10 strap works fine with my Luigi half case.

• Thanks 1

For me its Domke's Bags and straps, have used them for over 30 years, even with the various changes in owners the products are good, last and do not scream peacock product, the M10 does that easily enough.

https://tiffen.com/collections/domke-accessories/products/domke-web-strap-without-swivel

https://tiffen.com/collections/domke/products/domke-f-5xb-shoulder-bag

• 2 weeks later...

If you buy a Rock & Roll strap be sure to order the right size.

I have ordered a HENDRIX BLACK STRAP which looked nice but was to short for my liking.
I wanted to exchange it but although they claim to have a 7 day return policy I never got an answer from Rock & Roll. I tried to email them and also messaged via Facebook.

That was so off-putting that I am now using an Eddycam strap I bought in the local Leica shop.

4 hours ago, solitud said:

I have ordered a HENDRIX BLACK STRAP which looked nice but was to short for my liking.
I wanted to exchange it but although they claim to have a 7 day return policy I never got an answer from Rock & Roll. I tried to email them and also messaged via Facebook.

That was so off-putting that I am now using an Eddycam strap I bought in the local Leica shop.

Shoot me a PM if you'd be interested in trading for a longer one....I have a Rock & Roll M10 limited edition strap (the black one with a few red links) that I'd be happy to trade for something shorter! 

the original Leica M cloth strap with the grippy shoulder pad is the only one I use for all my Leica's, ( as well as a couple of other cameras ), simple, flexible, durable and inexpensive.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:44 AM, petermullett said:

the original Leica M cloth strap with the grippy shoulder pad is the only one I use for all my Leica's, ( as well as a couple of other cameras ), simple, flexible, durable and inexpensive.

Also the 42 162 version which is probably the best Leica strap ever made, getting difficult to source these days.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Shivaswrath said:

I guess I'm in the minority...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1404907-REG

I like the cooph red Leica rope.

With pic...😀

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Greets!

I've found the UpStrap straps very comfortable, their "rubber" sufficiently "sticky," their stainless steel "hoops" well guarded with a plastic sleeve--not marring the camera finish, & the "rubber" is stiff, like a soft spring, so it doesn't dig in the shoulder, nor neck.

LINK to their site... I use the original & newer "small f", btw.

Best,

Dave

12 hours ago, DaveSee said:

Greets!

I've found the UpStrap straps very comfortable, their "rubber" sufficiently "sticky," their stainless steel "hoops" well guarded with a plastic sleeve--not marring the camera finish, & the "rubber" is stiff, like a soft spring, so it doesn't dig in the shoulder, nor neck.

Best,

Dave

I tried the UpStrap. Agreed, their rubber is sticky. So sticky that you can never sling the camera around your shoulder without your shirt, jacket, or sweater being slung and dragged all over the place too.. The UpStrap is one of the most awkward and annoying straps I have ever tried.

Edited by indergaard

14 hours ago, DaveSee said:

Greets!

Best,

Dave

My favorite strap for my Leica Ms is the nylon Leica strap it ships with.  For my other bodies I use the UpStrap products which are similar.  The rubber pad on those straps is intended to support shoulder carry if desired.  For cross body carry I have the UpStrap bandolier, which is longer and lacks the pad.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 9:14 AM, solitud said:

I purchased the SL Rock & Roll strap in the standard length, 100cm. I selected this model because the straight leather tong at both ends of the strap allowed me to easily attached the Peak Design quick releases. Also, the strap is a little thicker than the M version. It's a beautiful strap, but I found it too short to use in a cross body fashion. 

To fix this, I purchased the longer SL strap, 125cm, which works better for me as I'm 6'5". 

These high quality straps and very comfortable for long days walking around carrying my M10 with Summilux 35 FLE mounted. Highly recommended.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.