R lens image thread.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Atl puffin. SL + 280-R APO f4. Handheld, f 4.5, 1/1000 s, ISO 1600. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

280/4 APO Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  Hello guest! Please register or sign in

Leica R8 Vario-Elmar-R 1:4/80-200 Kodak Portra 160   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

Leica R8 with Leica R APO 70-180mm f/2.8 zoom.  Ilford Delta 100 developed in Ilford DDX at 68 degrees F. (click to see full size, clearer). Matrix metering...

Edited by davidmknoble

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here is another on taken with Tyler-R 400/6.8 hand-held. The house under renovation is s a two-story, stone structure in Prince William County, Virginia. It was built as a stop in 1848. During the American Civil War, this Stone House served as a hospital during the First and Second Battles of Manassas.

The 6.8/400 is so much better than the 5.6 I had. Still a little soft in the corners but not just a semi-sharp centre surrounded by lots of fuzz. I tried last night to take a photo of our gibbous pink moon with the 500/8 Telyt-MR and 2X APO extender and SL601. No luck at all, the lens at f16 was just too slow to register on the SL's sensor, so no photos. I would have been better using my F4 300mm Tele-Tessar with a Novoflex CX/Y to L adapter. It has clouded over tonight so no more opportunity. 

Wilson

1 hour ago, wlaidlaw said:

The 6.8/400 is so much better than the 5.6 I had. Still a little soft in the corners but not just a semi-sharp centre surrounded by lots of fuzz. I tried last night to take a photo of our gibbous pink moon with the 500/8 Telyt-MR and 2X APO extender and SL601. No luck at all, the lens at f16 was just too slow to register on the SL's sensor, so no photos. I would have been better using my F4 300mm Tele-Tessar with a Novoflex CX/Y to L adapter. It has clouded over tonight so no more opportunity. 

Wilson

I found that the Tyler-R 400/6.8 is excellent lens for what it is, very light, hand-heldable, and pretty easy to focus with good center sharpness and great Leica color.  

14 hours ago, farnz said:

Which R lens?

Pete.

Most likely the 75-200, but I can't remember. I had a bag of lenses, and an R5, at hand and swapped them a bit underway.    

I shot a few with the 180 Telyt+2x but didn't quite get the focus or shaking right.  Handheld and a bumbling train isn't a great combo.

As to the ISO 8000, that one surprised me!  I must confess to not even notice that I was on auto ISO, I'm a very casual photographer.

Most other photos taken were at ISO 400 with a few at 1000. It is now back at a fixed value, thanks for noticing. 

Preben