R lens image thread.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Atl puffin. SL + 280-R APO f4. Handheld, f 4.5, 1/1000 s, ISO 1600. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

280/4 APO Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  Hello guest! Please register or sign in

Leica R8 Vario-Elmar-R 1:4/80-200 Kodak Portra 160   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

Pete, credit for that point goes to Mr. Karbe and Leica.

Out of curiosity, I upsampled the attached Pipit photo to 150%, and then cropped it at 100%, with only slight sharpening and no noise reduction.  Not a museum piece, of course, but still eminently viewable.

Rob

Edited by tritentrue
grammar

Another walk. A few preliminary photos, presented in a 2 minute video ...

Click above image to see set presented as a two minute video on YouTube.com.

Hasselblad 907x + Leitz Elmar-R 180mm f/4 combination on this set. 

Comments always appreciated. 😉

Enjoy!
G

. . . and then there are times one needs cropping and a teleconverter . . . 

SL2/280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R/APO-Extender-R 2X . . . the SL2's Continuous Manual Focus will never let you down! 😎

Brahminy Kite . . . 

14 hours ago, tritentrue said:

Ok, so maybe I didn't need the TC on this one . . . but I doubt the critter would have done another lap while I removed it . . . 🤪

Great Egret . . . 

Impressive skills to capture a shot like this on a manual focus tele lens!

100 mm Macro Elmarit-R

Just got this lens, so far ... loving it! Shot with a digital camera, next I will try it with my Leica R9 film camera.

Last evening, I had the time to pull out my Leitz Macro-Elmar-R 100mm f/4 and Focusing Bellows-R set to test them on the Hasselblad 907x. 

First hurdle was testing for compatibility with the Fotodiox Pro Leica R to Hasselblad X mount adapter, which has a built-in Arca-Swiss tripod foot. Happily, the foot just clears the back of the bellows unit (about .2mm to spare!) so the combination is usable. 

Now I have to go off and make some photos with it... :D 

G

Hi Ramarren, thanks for information on using your Leica Macro-Elmar-R 100mm f/4.

I shot this image using the Fotodiox dlx stretch E-mount adapter onto my Sony a7r4, 35mm camera.

While the Leica 100mm f/2.8 macro is only a 1:2 (0.5x) lens, the Fotodiox "dlx" adapter has a helicoid that allows up to an additional ~ 35mm of extension.

So this combination, "on the fly", allows the magnification to increase from 0.5x mag, up to a 0.85x mag. I also have the Leica Bellows-R and it is an excellent bit of kit!!!

Cheers