R lens image thread.

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think it was Liverpool that Lime had to retire hurt as many of the local yobs had tried to see if they could ride the e-Bikes on a canal or the harbour. People in NZ are obviously far better behaved. 

Wilson

Not sure I'd agree Wilson, my wife works in ED at the local hospital, she tells many horror stories of the results of stupidity, alcohol, and e-scooters. Darwin had a theory on this however. I'm sure we are no different. Likely worse.

Gary

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gbealnz said:

Not sure I'd agree Wilson, my wife works in ED at the local hospital, she tells many horror stories of the results of stupidity, alcohol, and e-scooters. Darwin had a theory on this however. I'm sure we are no different. Likely worse.

Gary

but also..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Elmarit R 15mm on APS-C camera with the Metabones lens booster 

• Like 6

Cranes, and an incoming shower. 35 Summicron R, on Leica T.

• Like 5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Archery area in Erlangen-Eltersdorf. In the background the highway Nürnberg - Würzburg

Elmarit R 15mm on APS-C camera without lens booster -> focal length 22mm eq.

• Like 5

Elmarit R 15mm on APS-C camera, focal length 22mm eq., minimal distance; OOC

• Like 8

gbealnz, thanks for the likes. The bokeh in the flower picture is great, isn't it.

The landscape one is sharpened and the sky contrast increased, otherwise OOC.

In the archery picture the contrast is lowered; the place, where I was standing, was very dark. 

In general, this lens is not very crisp. It is from 2002. Also the lens booster does not do much harm.

Edited by jankap

It's a lens I have always wondered about and possibly even wanted, but I unfortunately have a Leicaflex SL, and it doesn't play with the likes of the 15mm, and also the 19mm, plus the 24mm. As a result I have normally gone for the lenses that fit and work with the SL.

I did wonder what APS-C you were using. I am back with a Leica T, so adapting is possible, but not really the best. R lenses are not that small/light, and when you add the adapter, well the whole thing gets unwieldy. An example is the T with the likes of the 35 Summicron R, as opposed the T with the 35 Summicron M, or CV35/1.4.

Here using an old (V1) 50mm Summicron R, and Elpro V1a.

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, gbealnz said:

It's a lens I have always wondered about and possibly even wanted, but I unfortunately have a Leicaflex SL, and it doesn't play with the likes of the 15mm, and also the 19mm, plus the 24mm. As a result I have normally gone for the lenses that fit and work with the SL.

I did wonder what APS-C you were using. I am back with a Leica T, so adapting is possible, but not really the best. R lenses are not that small/light, and when you add the adapter, well the whole thing gets unwieldy. An example is the T with the likes of the 35 Summicron R, as opposed the T with the 35 Summicron M, or CV35/1.4.

There is one at Ebay for 10.000 Euros, very good looking. I paid 3k last year, from France, a heavily used one.  

I use a Sony a6500. But I would not hesitate to use the Leica T. You carry the lens then and the camera is like a fly on its back.;) 

You could make the Leica T bigger with the Hoodman loupe on the LCD. Forum member dunk mentioned another loupe. 

Nice picture of the Narcissus, I use the Elpro VIb on the Summicron.

Edited by jankap
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gbealnz said:

3 hours ago, jankap said:

There is one at Ebay for 10.000 Euros, very good looking. I paid 3k last year, from France, a heavily used one.  

I use a Sony a6500. But I would not hesitate to use the Leica T. You carry the lens then and the camera is like a fly on its back.;) 

You could make the Leica T bigger with the Hoodman loupe on the LCD. Forum member dunk mentioned another loupe. 

Nice picture of the Narcissus, I use the Elpro VIb on the Summicron.

Ref my use of Zacuto optical finders on camera LCDs: Would not be practical on a Leica T series because 1) T screen is too wide for the Zacuto finder's mounting frame(s); 2) Zacuto finder's elastic securing cord would foul the T's control wheels; 3) Leica T has a 'touch screen' and any supplementary finder would need removal to reset the camera. 

The T plus Leica VISO 020 EVF is the answer. 

Jan, I'm finding your speed booster experiments very interesting ... and contemplating keeping rather than selling my Canon FD 50/1.2  L. 

BW

dunk

Leica R8, DMR (B&W convert), R 60mm macro lens, ISO 200, 1/6,000, f/2.8

• Like 11

On 4/3/2021 at 7:59 PM, Linus84 said:

Old abandoned cottage in northern Sweden.

SL2 (the old one) + Summicron-R 50 + XP2 Super.

I really like the spirit of absence that I see. Unfortunately, the bottle in the foreground adds a further state of recent neglect. A greeting !!

• Like 1

Leica R8, DMR, R 60mm macro lens, ISO 200, 1/8,000, f/2.8

• Like 7

The San Diego Museum of Art

Leica R8, DMR (B&W convert), R 60mm macro lens, ISO 200, 1/6,000s, f/2.8

• Like 5

4 hours ago, mauriziobozzi said:

I really like the spirit of absence that I see. Unfortunately, the bottle in the foreground adds a further state of recent neglect. A greeting !!

Thank you Maurizibozzi! I found this cabin on the side of the road and couldn’t resist going inside to take a picture. Had to “walk” (lacking a better word for it) through 80cm of snow to get there down a steep slope. 😆 

Cheers!

Linus 

Leica R8, DMR (B&W convert), R 60mm macro lens, ISO 200, 1/4,000s, f/2.8

• Like 7