OTHER RANGEFINDERS...

It didn't go thousands of miles to New Zealand for a visit with Mr.Sherlock, just around the corner to Advance Camera Repair in Raleigh Hills, Oregon. Works great and even have a plastic buffer around the eyepiece so I don't scratch my glasses. Cleaned out a lot of gear, it's down to a Polaroid SX-70 Alpha 1, the Retina IIa and M4 for film and a Sony A7II for scanning negatives:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Recentled had  my Minolta CLE cla'd.

Still using a Hexar RF,

a Zeiss Ikon ZM, 

Nikon S2 and SP, 

Roland 6x4,5,

Plaubel W67 

together with a few Leica M and early screwmounts 🌞😉

Edited by JMF
  • Like 8

Really love my Konica Auto S3.  So small and so fast to operate and the results are gorgeous.  Had to give it to my daughter to use as it was using it more than I should and was neglecting my "real"  rangefinders (M3, M5).

Also, when going back and forth from the konica to leica, I was always reaching for the non-existent focusing tab on the Leica.  Such a smart design on that S3. 

Edited by j.scooter
more info
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 9:09 AM, Pyrogallol said:

A "new" lens for my Contax. A fairly rare 1933-34 black & nickel rigid 50mm f2 Sonnar. There is a connection to Leica in that I could use it on my Cook & Perkins Contax/Leica adaptor.

Nice.  I have a small collection of pre-war Contax II stuff.  Two of which I know the provenance, having acquired them from the families of the original owners, and one with a "Z" serial number, about the 200th Contax made in 1935.  How cool, such Art Deco stuff.   A few pieces I've gotten rid of and always regretted, including a rigid 50/2 and one of these nickel 50/2.  Ha, ha, I'd shoot them more, but not much of a 50 shooter anymore.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everybody😀

I recently bought an old Nikon SP with a 50mm/f1.4 attached.

Very interesting camera in nice condition but the viewfinder/rangefinder is a bit dirty and hazy inside.

Does anyone here know where in the UK, preferably London I can get it cleaned and serviced?

42 minutes ago, red snapper said:

Hello everybody😀

I recently bought an old Nikon SP with a 50mm/f1.4 attached.

Very interesting camera in nice condition but the viewfinder/rangefinder is a bit dirty and hazy inside.

Does anyone here know where in the UK, preferably London I can get it cleaned and serviced?

You could try Grays of Westminster who are Nikon dealers and do sell used Nikon Rangefinder cameras. I don't know if they carry out servicing but I am sure they know who can. I have bought a couple of lenses for my S3 from them and they were most helpful.

2 hours ago, red snapper said:

I recently bought an old Nikon SP with a 50mm/f1.4 

I’d also say Newton Ellis in Liverpool, book it in and post it to them.

And I’ve also just bought an SP, it’s well worth getting the viewfinder cleaned although mine was ok. It’s a good clear view when you do, not quite as bright as a Leica maybe but very contrasty and very easy to see the frame lines.

• Like 1

Voigtlaender Vitessa T with Color Skopar 2.8/50.

The push rod transprts the film and cocks the shutter. It stays down when pushed not all the way through.

Voigtlaender Vitessa T with collapsible Color Skopar 2.8/50.

Voigtlaender VF 101, maybe Voigtlaenders last develpment, already under Zeiss Ikon-Control.

So developed at Voigtlaender as "Zeiss Ikon S310", then bought by Rollei, who brought back the Name "Voigtlaender"and sold

the VF101, produced at Rollei.

And, I have to say: No leatherette of any camera is as fragile as the Leica "Vulcanit"

• Like 3

Thanks for all your advice.

Think Newton Ellis is the best bet.

I'll contact them soon.

Exchanged a few lenses I wasn't using for the SP as missed having a film camera.

Problem now is how much film, particularly colour costs these days, £16 a roll in some places!

Last time I used film it was possible to buy perfectly useable Agfacolor or Kodak Gold at Poundland for £1 a roll and negs processed for £1.99 at local branch of Snappy Snaps!

• Like 1

AGFA Super Solinette:

• Like 4

19 hours ago, red snapper said:

Thanks for all your advice.

Think Newton Ellis is the best bet.

I'll contact them soon.

Exchanged a few lenses I wasn't using for the SP as missed having a film camera.

Problem now is how much film, particularly colour costs these days, £16 a roll in some places!

Last time I used film it was possible to buy perfectly useable Agfacolor or Kodak Gold at Poundland for £1 a roll and negs processed for £1.99 at local branch of Snappy Snaps!

If you are in any way handy with a small screwdriver Richard Haw describes how to clean the windows of an SP here

https://richardhaw.com/2018/01/03/repair-nikon-sp-1-3/

and despite the SP being a complicated camera cleaning the windows doesn't look too difficult, although I haven't done it.

Hello Andy,

recently had to send the CLE for a curtain problem occuring at the highest speeds.

Did shot a test film since,  all is functioning now !

The CLE was serviced in Poland by https://www.fotonaprawa.pl/

Cheers, Jean-Marc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Early sixties Petri Blue Magic Scope.

It has a nice fixed 45mm f2.8 lens, very quiet leaf shutter and buttery smooth ratcheted film advance. Rangefinder baselength is very short though, and viewfinder and rangefinder patch are not nearly as bright as in an M.

Unfortunately the lens has fungus and I'm not shooting it anymore.

This was my father's camera and it is the camera that got me into rangefinder photograpy and eventually the Leica M system.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favourites, Konica Hexar RF.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
Am 11.2.2023 um 09:34 schrieb analogM:

Early sixties Petri Blue Magic Scope.

It has a nice fixed 45mm f2.8 lens, very quiet leaf shutter and buttery smooth ratcheted film advance. Rangefinder baselength is very short though, and viewfinder and rangefinder patch are not nearly as bright as in an M.

Unfortunately the lens has fungus and I'm not shooting it anymore.

This was my father's camera and it is the camera that got me into rangefinder photograpy and eventually the Leica M system.

Hi analogM,

Just out of curiosity, does the blue filter for the rangefinder patch offer any practical advantage? Do you know how the manufacturer advertised this?

Best,

RB

On 3/12/2023 at 2:27 PM, Robert Blanko said:

Hi analogM,

Just out of curiosity, does the blue filter for the rangefinder patch offer any practical advantage? Do you know how the manufacturer advertised this?

Best,

RB

Hello Robert, 

There is no blue filter on the rangefinder patch, as least not as far as I can see. The patch is clear but the rest of the image in the viewfinder does have a bit of a blueish-green hue. 

Martijn

Edited by analogM