OTHER RANGEFINDERS...

17 hours ago, Nick Milner said:

I use a Hasselblad XPAN in addition to my M6. 

The first and last images in my gallery were taken on the XPAN and there are a couple from the M6 in there as well. (There are only 23 images in the gallery in total.)

https://www.nickmilner.photography/

If you take a look, thanks! If not, thanks for reading this far anyway. ;)

Sold my  Xpan to buy an M8 (already owned an  M6) plus a Zeiss M lens. For Panoramics I have a 6x17.

Nice photos BTW :)

• Like 1

Here's an XPAN image using Cinestill 800T film. It's essentially Kodak film stock with the remjet backing layer removed so it can be developed using an ordinary C41 process. The red halation rings around strong areas of contrast like bright lights is a giveaway.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

I hope I don't forget any of my babies, but chronologically. 

Zorki 4K (bought 1982) 

Olympus XA (1983)

... Then came the Leicas - M6, M7, M3, M3, MP ... (starting 2007) 

Zeiss Ikon 

Contax 2a

Voigtländer Bessa III 667 (I love it but wish lens was faster)

Nikon S3 Millenium (I love it) 

Konica Hexanon RF 

Minolta & Rollei (scale focus) 

PS. Thanks to CP995, I have GAS for the Bronica 645, which I had never come across. 

Edited by Sandokan
PS

TDC Stereo Colorist II: Recently bought this after seeing the 3D show at LACMA. Got several rolls of Ektachrome to try with it.

Fujica GS645: Went for this little cutey after GF670 prices exploded. A hassle-free medium format travel camera (perfect size and built-in metering). Very smooth bokeh, and the color rendition is lovely.

Fujifilm GW690III and GSW690III: Surprisingly useful as walkabout documentary cameras. I don't mind the lack of a focusing tab at the slightly slower pace you work with these cameras.

On my wishlist: Nikon S3 2000, Contax IIa, Voigtlander Bessa R2a, Konica Hexar RF (I want it back. A sexy camera that I only sold to get an MP because it's more repairable in the long run.), Leica IIIF, Leica CL, Fujica G690BL, Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta 532/16.

Off my wishlist: Fujifilm TX-2 and Fujifilm GX617. The Moment anamorphic lens has scratched the panoramic itch!

Edited by raizans

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sadly, I must report that my Super-Isolette did not survive surgery - the auto-load/frame-counter and interlocks are beyond repair, according to the "Doc." Some parts missing altogether - he can't figure out how it worked for a year in the first place.

I do have a viewfinder 6x6 - Hassy Super-Wide (not SWC, even earlier version). Will have to consider my options for something less wide.

Alpa Alnea 7 with 50mm f1.8 Kern Switar apochromatic lens - precision Swiss "watchmaker" quality

Rangefinder & SLR combined - note the rangefinder window is at the bottom of the camera just to the right of the lens

• Like 7

I've owned various Nikons (several S2 and a S3) over the years, as well as a pre-war Contax II (and Kiev II), and they do offer a few advantages over a Leica M.  Both the Contax and S2 have very contrasty rangefinder patches which makes focusing easy.  I loved the Nikons 1.0x viewfinder mag (albeit limited to 50mm frame lines for the S2), and their compact, light dimensions.  The Contax has a long rangefinder base, the image snaps into focus, and the rangefinder patch is just huge.   A Leica M is a "better" camera though for day to day use.  

Edited by SteveYork

My Oldest Rangefinders by Narsuitus, on Flickr

The Argus C3 35mm rangefinder is the oldest camera that I own that I still use. I keep one of the following lenses permanently attached to a body so I do not have to spend time switching lenses:

35mm f/4.5 Tele-Sandmar
50mm f/3.5 Coated Cinta
100mm f/4.5 Tele-Sandmar

• Like 5

Very nice.  Great picture.

Unless we all take such images...well the romance of older cameras will quickly be lost forever.

Now i think that one was called "The Brick"...yes, or another model?I always wanted one, although didn't know it had interchangeable lenses.

Nice pic again.

• Like 1

Some of these I have/had several models of:

Agfa/Ansco, Aires, Argus, Balda, Bolsey, Canon, Ciro, Contax, FED, Fuijca, Futura, Graflex, Iloca, Kodak, Konica, Leica, Leidolf, Minolta, Nicca, Nikon, Olympus, Omega (Rapid), Ricoh, Samoca, Taron, Vivitar, Voigtlander, Welta, Yashica, Zeiss, and Zorki.

Yeah, I need to thin the herd.  Or open a camera store.

PF

Edited by PFM
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently horsetraded away some gear and got this Really Beautiful Bell and Howell Foton.  Quite a large camera with a really magnificent and unique feel.  An Awesome image maker, a real rarity and a pleasure to use.  To think this sold new in 1948 for $700 ( plus $100 fed excise tax)...that comes close to $10,000 in our “dollars”.  The Most Expensive Camera of its day...it Really feels and acts it, 71 years later!  Love it! 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I owned a Fuji GS645S when they first came out, but I could not get used to turning the camera 90 degrees all the time to get landscape format.

I have an Olympus XA with A16 flash which is still my favourite pocket camera, loaded with Ilford XP2 Super film, though I rarely use the flash.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

My Xpan-2 with one lens is my all time favorite. Never ditch this Camera. 

• Like 2

Contessa Ljke Zeiss Ikon:

• Like 5

• jaapv unpinned this topic