OTHER RANGEFINDERS...

Hasselblad XPan for more than ten years now.

24x65 is way larger/difficult to frame and not suitable for many subjects.

Canonet 1.7 since longer than Leica.

Hexar RF , just not to buy M7 to use that "A" feature and with handy motor built-in no Leica to compare with.

Minolta CLE used when I need compact/auto and/or 28mm as main lens.

• Like 2

Family FED-2, I fixed numerous times, but it still works :) I printed from fresh negatives taken by this camera on previous week.

Zorki which was serviced by one known in FSU person.

Loaded with old Polariod c-41 film at this moment.

Bessa R2M, simply as backup for M4-2. Since 2016 my M4-2 was in service twice and it was months for waiting of parts.

• Like 1

Forgot one, my first 35mm which I still have: a David White Stereo Realist; the longest RF base length plus life-size RF image for most accurate focus (esp with 35mm f3.5 lenses). But it’s lost without Kodachrome II.

• Like 1

All rangefinders: Zeiss Super Ikonta, Linhof Super Technika, Printex, Busch Pressman, Canon 7, Bertram, Combat Graphic 70mm, Peckham Wray

Edited by pico
  • Like 2

Canon P and 3

Nikon S2, I would like an SP and one of the modern Voigtlander Bessa bodies that have Nikon/Contax lens mounts.

Contax 2a

MPP 5x4, except that it does not have a rangefinder cam for the lens so the rangefinder is not used.

And a Fuji GS645S, which operates very much like a Leica but you need to turn it round to get a horizontal picture, being 15 on 120 format.

Which gives me an excuse to show a picture of a camera that is not a Leica...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

The next step from rangefinders (RF) is when one uses the camera's RF then switches with a short motion to an optical viewfinder (OVF). Really, it can work for those who cannot see full frame. I use a Voightlander finder for most work. They make outstanding finders that work for us oldies with thick glasses.

Then there are the viewfinder-only cameras. I have put together a wide-angle viewfinder camera from the fifties with an infrared distance finder that can be seen in the viewfinder (made by Leica). Remarkable!

Edited by pico
  • Like 2

Linhof 220, SP and S3,  but my favourites,  loved as much as my Leicas are my Contax's,  oh that late 30s and early 50s Zeiss glass. Tough call ;  my 'desert island' camera  would be  either my M3  and 50mm Summicron or My Contax 11A  and 35mm Biogon

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by AdamSinger
  • Like 7

• jaapv pinned this topic
  • jaapv unpinned this topic