Voigt 40mm rear flange

Ed_B

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi guys. My beloved Voigt 40mm 1.2 Nokton has taken a tumble. Luckily the glass seems fine but the rear flange is dented and won't mount securely. I'd rather not send it back in for an expensive official repair if I can fix this myself, so does anyone know if one of the 3rd party Leica parts will work as an accurate replacement?

Thanks!!!

Ed.

Welcome to the forum. :) I have no idea where screw holes are located on your flange but i would not use a third party flange on any fast lens unless you use it mainly on mirrorless cameras. I would look for a Cosina flange otherwise or send the lens in for repair preferably.

I'm guessing you are talking about the lens mount?

I would try a chinese made one first not sure whats available but I changed all my summicrons including the 90mm to third party coded ones and they worked just fine and were only £15 each, so its worth a try.

Agreed. The 40/1.2VM is an astonishing lens at low cost, and very comfortable to use: not heavy, smooth focus ring, aperture stops click into place w. none of Leica's sloppiness, resolution extremely fine. Worth restoring to proper spec.

Edited by microview
  • Like 1

Are there third party lens mounts for Voigtlander lenses really? Just curious.

I doubt it!

Another question might be: Is there a possibility to get an original CV flange as a spare part.

Sending the whole lens to Japan for repair might take a long time and will cost a lot more ...

Are there third party lens mounts for Voigtlander lenses really? Just curious.

1. Go to eBay and search Jinfinance.

He has Zeiss, Voigtlaander and Leica replacement flanges wit 6 bit coding pits.

2. Send Steve Gandy at Cameraquest an email and ask for a replacement flange.

:)

• Like 1

I dont understand ... why wouldnt you want to get this lens back into the original state ? Cosina manufactures to extreme precision, and they really arent expensive, especially not compared to original Leica glas.

I think when a lens is dropped enough for the mount to be damaged any extreme precision is long gone ;)

1. Go to eBay and search Jinfinance.

He has Zeiss, Voigtlaander and Leica replacement flanges wit 6 bit coding pits. [...]

That's what i did for Leica M lenses but the dozen flanges i've bought there don't work for the most part. I never tried replacement flanges for Zeiss or Voigt lenses though. Thanks for sharing.

That's what i did for Leica M lenses but the dozen flanges i've bought there don't work for the most part. I never tried replacement flanges for Zeiss or Voigt lenses though. Thanks for sharing.

It’s all in the paint.

Thanks guys. I'm in Singapore and to repair through Voigtlander apparently means sending it back to them and it looks like a simple fix, just remove the screws and put a new mount on. I think I'll check out the ebay links first and see how well that works.

Looks are incredibly deceiving.