Advise about a digital post processing system

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Lightroom 5 does not have the appropriate camera calibration profiles for a Leica CL camera and will not render the colors correctly. You need Lightroom v6.14 as a minimum for Leica CL support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html for details.

It is not a problem to create your own.

• Like 1

Do any of our members, perhaps film enthusiasts, wish for less  rather than dream of more digital enhancements? There are are are serious, critical opinions regarding limits - in all arts.

• Like 2

To delete parts of images may be sometimes useful but I don´t need to do that frequently, so I can forget it.

BTW, is it possible to do that in Photos or in LR?

Where are cloning and healing tools in LR. 

• Like 1

Do any of our members, perhaps film enthusiasts, wish for less  rather than dream of more digital enhancements? There are are are serious, critical opinions regarding limits - in all arts.

I don't dream of much in way of "digital enhancements." The way I use Lightroom and other tools is very similar to the way I worked my photos in the darkroom when I was doing wet processing of film images.

The notion of adding and subtracting bits of images ... beyond the ability to do spotting and scratch removal ... is compositing—something that I would use pixel editing tools for, rather than lossless parametric editing like Lightroom or Photos. This is the area where apps like Photoshop and Pixelmator (etc) excel: a graphic arts tools' speciality. I need/use such things only pretty rarely, and there are plenty of options in this direction nowadays such that I find little need to buy the high-price tools.

I keep it as simple as possible: get the capture as right as possible in the camera, shape and finesse it in Lightroom.

I wish for additional specific instruments in Photoshop.  I'd like to have a color wheel histogram to analyse distribution of colours in the image. Today this area is far from perfection.  Current development goes toward filters direction, which I do not like.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

yep...i have that in the autodesk software  [for image integration] i use everyday at work...and it can show the distribution of colors in the image in a wheel, traditional histogram, and my favorite...a rotatable/zoomable 3d visualizaion.

would be amazing to have these lightroom..... capture one has something similar already by the way, but its not a 3d view :)

the best and fastest way to adjust colors smoothly :) but probably not much use & overkill for hobbyists

I wish for additional specific instruments in Photoshop.  I'd like to have a color wheel histogram to analyse distribution of colours in the image. Today this area is far from perfection.  Current development goes toward filters direction, which I do not like.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by frame-it
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Finally I found that it is possible to process RAW pictures in Photos and for me it is enough. So for the moment I've discarded  other edition options. The way is: 1) Doble click on the picture 2) Edit ( in the up part of the screen), 3) Image >Use RAW as original. And that´s all.