Fun time: Whats in the bag now

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Umm currently in the bag is a Hasselblad SWC and Quantum strobe set-up but thats for something entirely different....

Anyway, I usually have two-four different bags of gear going for different purposes:

M8

M7 .58x (with motor)

21 pre-asph

28 summicron

35 summilux ASPH

50 pre-asph version 2

90 APO

Nikon D200/F100 plus all MF AIS primes: 20, 28f2, 50f1.8, 105f1.8

(2) Mamiya 6 bodies w/50 and 75

Mamiya 7II with 50 and 80

Rolleiflex 2.8F Schneider Xenotar (and brightscreen - makes it a modern camera)

Hasselblad SWC as mentioned.

Bags:

Billingham 500 (big!)

Lowepro basic backpack

Artist and Artisan Sabastio

Domke small size ballistic satchel

On my desire list:

Either the WATE or the Zeiss 18mm if/when it's released. Second M8 someday (probably have to sell the Nikon gear) though the Canon Mk3 appears to be a nice option as well. Some Profoto gear would be nice too.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest guy_mancuso

Couple observations as we list this.

We certainly have a nice selection of glass be it leica, Zeiss and CV lenses

We don't take everything on a shooting venture , maybe 5 tops. Some are bad like me and take more.

Some folks only take one or two lenses

Biggy here: multiple bags depending on what you are going to do, usually small bags is the preference

No surprise: looking for the next lens.

LAD: We all have Leica Acquistion disease.

Trading: seems we will sell any Nikon , Canon or whatever to get more M lenses. Guilty

Most popular focal length 28 and 35

The biggest plus: Sounds like we are having fun

Okay keep going.

My next bag will probably be the Think Tank Airport International. My wife thinks I am taking her on a trip. I am planning to travel with the DMR and she can come along too. I will need help carrying the tripod! :)

I prefer to think of my kit in 3 sections:

M8 + one of these lens sets:

Classic

Canon 28 f/2.8

Canon 50 f/1.5

Travel (nothing heavy here)

CV15

Leica 28 f/2.8 asph

90 macro elmar

Lowlight

CV 28 ultron

CV 35 ultron

75 lux

The only change I really want to make is to replace the 35 ultron with a 35 lux asph. I will get around to that one day soon.

Bags: Billingham Hadley Pro, Domke F3-x, and some old army bag I've converted.

Domke F5XB bag:

Leica M8

Elmarit-M 21/2.8

Elmarit-M 28/2.8 asph (mounted)

Summicron-M 35/2 (IV)

CV Nokton 50/1.5 asph

Summicron 90/2

3 spare batteries

GEPE CardSafe Extreme

Minitrekker backpack:

Leica M6 with Summilux 35/1.4

Leica M2 with Summicron 50/2

CV Heliar 15

CV Apo-Lanthar 90/3.5

Elmar 10.5/6.3 "Mountain Elmar"

Elmarit 135/2.8 with goggles

Gossen DigiSix

2 M8 batteries, charger with car adapter, Nikon SB-27, lens cloth, some never used filters, etc

Cheers

Ed

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For M8 users only and if you have a lot of gear like me . Check out the Think Tank Antidote backpack and it comes with a 15 inch laptop insert which my MBP fits perfect. It's not real deep which is perfect for the M8 stuff. At least 2 bodies with lenses on and 8 more lenses plus flash and you name it. perfect solution for the One bag travel bag because you can put the MBP in it or not when you can carry two. All England airports are down to ONE carry on and also fits all the regional jets for carry on

Professional photography equipment - camera bags, camera cases - from Think Tank Photo

My next bag will probably be the Think Tank Airport International. My wife thinks I am taking her on a trip. I am planning to travel with the DMR and she can come along too. I will need help carrying the tripod! :)
OK Here is you business case....LOL....I aquired a TTAI right before the Leica trip to Germany last month. It was a life saver for me . I packed it with my DMR/R9 , (2) M8 s and about I think 10 lenses . and my macBook. I used my Billinghams (2) for all the small stuff..they weight nothing without the cameras . I used a medium sized LLBEAN roller duffle and checked it . So while traveling ..I had a small Billingham and the TTAI. My wife had the other empty Billingham. If I had a weight problem I could have transferred the contents to my Billinghams and my travel Vest ( uncomfortable but workable) . Now the big advantage was once the trip was underway. The TTAI has a neat security lock and a wire cable built into the back. So if we were walking I could take one or two bodies and say 4 lenses . The TTAI was then wired to the radiator with the rest of my equipment reasonably secure. Certainly a determined thief would have gotten it ..but no easy lifting of items. This also worked on the bus or in rental cars . So I had a protected secure camera safe all the time . If I had packed the camera bags 100% then I would have been leaving bodies and lenses in my duffle while shooting. Of course I could have just taken less but that would be truely ridiculous on a Leica/Porsche trip. LOL

CV15 w/JM, 28 asph, 50 lux w/30%, and 75 cron w/o US warrenty.

Those lenses, in their black leather pouches (CV15 in small wrap), fit in a green TravelSmith bag with two spare batteries, three spare 2GB Ultra II, and a Nikon SB80 speedlight in one side pocket and an umbrella in the other. The M8 using Leicagoodies Hook and Sling sits on top of the lens pouches along with a large microfiber detailing cloth (not for lenses). Small nondescript package, but a bit hard/slow to get to stuff.

Bob Pierce

To make a long (madness) story short....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

M8

28/2 coded used

35/1.4 coded new

Canon 5D

24/2.8

35/2

50/1.4

100/2

Mamaiya ZD

55/2.8

80/2.8

2 Pentax 67 bodies

1 Pentax 67 body with polaroid back

55/4

2 x 90/2.8 (same lens for each body so quick switch without need for changing lens)

165/4

Mamaiya 6

50/4

plus strobes

Most used: M8 + 28/2!!!!!

alexander

Guest malland

And the point of this thread being....?

My experience is that the proportion of good pictures shot is inversely proportional to the number of lenses one carries.

And I cannot help breaking the mood of this thread — gloom to me for the rampant consumerism — by inserting a picture taken with the DR Summicron. Read the meaning as you will.

535760075_48ae580174_o.jpg

—Mitch/Potomac

Mitch Alland's slideshow on Flickr

My experience is that the proportion of good pictures shot is inversely proportional to the number of lenses one carries.

And I cannot help beaking the mood of this thread — gloom to me for the rampant consumerism — by inserting a picture taken with the DR Summicron. Read the meaning as you will.

535760075_48ae580174_o.jpg

—Mitch/Potomac

Mitch Alland's slideshow on Flickr

Easy comment, and snobbish...

but I like the picture. I would have posted it with no introduction.

Regards.

Sergio

M8

28/2 coded used

35/1.4 coded new

Canon 5D

24/2.8

35/2

50/1.4

100/2

Mamaiya ZD

55/2.8

80/2.8

2 Pentax 67 bodies

1 Pentax 67 body with polaroid back

55/4

2 x 90/2.8 (same lens for each body so quick switch without need for changing lens)

165/4

Mamaiya 6

50/4

plus strobes

Most used: M8 + 28/2!!!!!

alexander

ALex, can you comment on the Mamyia ZD? How you like it? what you feel about IQ compared to M8,... Thanks a lot, TOm

Aaahh, thanks for the hint. I allways thought the more equipment I own the better my shots get.

With this new insight I have to sell a lot of gear now.

;)