• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dare not admit it.

Not EVEN to myself

:)

My simple minded view is that for the most part on any given shoot you will need no more that four lenses. In Europe for example, I mostly carried the WATE or the CV 15, either 24 Elmarit or 28 Cron, either 35 Lux or 50 lux, depending mostly on whether I had the 24 or 28 in the bag and then either the 75 cron, 90 cron or 135 3.4 APO/Telyt. I felt the 90 APO was the most useful. However on some days the subjects to be shot dictated different lenses. For example when shooting the castle at Neuschwanstein in Germany, the 135 was very helpful. When doing street shooting the 50lux was sometimes called for. My point is only that while you may only carry three or four lenses on a particular shoot, the choice of those lenses may come from having an arsenal to choose from! So I have lots of lenses from which to choose and not sorry I do.

On the other hand I may just have a glass fetish and the rest of this then is BS to justify the ownership! YMMV

Woody Spedden

Guest guy_mancuso

Woody okay that was 5 minutes of ROTFLMAO and probably the best comment yet, I may fit in that category also and you know what i am damn proud of it. I do like having a

assortment to chose from , just that simple. I used every lens in my bag in Germany and the big usage came from the WATE, 28, Nocti and Lux, 75mm, 135. I used the 12mm sparingly because of the corner issue right now. The 90 macro I let Christian use more than i did and i left my 90 cron home which in hindsight i wish i brought. The borrowed lens i used the most was the Nocti. I used the 35mm on occasion but it is my least used lens anyway

In the bag (Billingham Leica M bag) is at the moment:

-M8 chrome

-24mm 2.8 ASPH chrome

-50mm 1.4 ASPH chrome

-90mm Macro-Elmar chrome (Voucher Lens)

-Macro Adapter

-Leica Angle Finder

-Leica Tabletop tripod & Ballhead

-Cable release

-Leica microfibre lens cleaning cloth

- Spare battery

- Spare SD-card

later i would ad a Billingham AVEA pocket to the bag which contains a SF 24 D Flash

A. RF System

My initial Leica M System:

1. Leica M8

2. Leica Noctilux-M 1.0/50 (I may pick up a second one since the Noctilux gives me the look of medium format and a unique normal lens with such depth of field. It has not come off the M8 but of course I have no other lens to put on the M8).

3. Wide angle lens to come but could not decide on which lens yet but leaning toward 2.0/28

4. Visoflex III but I need to make an adapter so that it will take Hasselblad Zeiss and Mamiya 645 lenses for shifting. But since I have already customized my auto bellows for the SLR system, the need for the RF shift auto bellows is not on the top priority list.

B. SLR Systems

1. Rollei 6008 AF/Phase One P20 (square format sensor) + Schneider 2.8/80 QPS + Zeiss Planar HFT 2.0/110 PQ + Schneider Variogon 4.6/60-140 PQS + Zeiss 4.0/120 PQS + Schneider 4.0/300 PQ + Schneider 4.6/150 PQ + auto extension tubes and auto bellows

2. Leica DMR/R8 + Leica Summilux-R 1.4/35 + Hasselblad Zeiss Planar T* 2.0/110 FE + Leica Apo-Summicron-R 2.0/180 + Mamiya 645 Apo-Tele 2.8/300 + Customed auto bellows for tilt, swing and shift + Rodenstock Apo-Rodagon-D 5.6/120

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just got an Oskar's One Day Bag, so here's what I'm carrying at the moment:

M8 w/28 Color Skopar w/UV-IR filter

M3 w/ 50 'cron

Panasonic LX-1

CV 15 w/UV-IR filter

Yellow filter

Lens pen

extra battery for M8

extra 2 Gb card

all of the above fit nicely in the new bag. I really like it as it is unobtrusive and small.