Fun time: Whats in the bag now

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

LOL what happened to those small and light stealth systems we all wanted. LOL

i know we don't pack everything to go play but we have a healthy amount of lenses. After looking at Rogers list i am feeling less guilty, Thanks Roger i need that. saving that for my wife, so i can buy more. LOL

Well on Saturday I went out and bought a new photo vest. That same day I took a walk down into the small city/town I live in and took the black M8 over my shoulder with a Cron 50 on it and in the vest I had a 21, 28, 75 and 90. It was a little heavy, especially after I stopped and got a soda. But it certainly wasn't as heavy as if I had tried to stuff all Nikon lenses in the vest.

At best I would of gotten my 12-24 and 28 but if I tried to include the 105 Micro VR it would of stopped me dead in my tracks and the vest would made me look 20-30 pound heavier with all the pockets bulging.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the bag - only R gear! It hasn't been easy but I have resisted the M temptation since November, not sure how much longer I can hold out.

R9/DMR, 19/2.8, 28/2.8, 35/2, 35-70/4, 60/2.8, 100/2.8, 180/2.8, 2x APO

Never all in the bag at the same time, too heavy for that, but I thoroughly enjoy the DMR and am slowly getting comfortable with the various lenses and learning their characteristics.

P.S. Yes, I know this is the M8 Forum. :)

P.P.S.S. Patiently awaiting firmware update and R10 (just hope my back holds out that long). :))

Nothing to apologize about regarding R-gear. The DMR still may have better out of the box color than any other camera out there. I still wish I had a few of those R lenses I placed on the sacrificial alter of M lens idolotry.

Kurt

OK, I love my M8. After shooting with 2 M6 bodies for years I wasn't sure how I'd do with this thing. But I truly love it especially after the dreadfully long wait to get my lenses back from NJ with he appropriate coding. The images are stunning!

In my bag are 15cv (recently purchased)

21mm Elmarit asph

35 lux

90 cron.

I love them all but I am currently having lots of fun with the 21 shooting with an infrared filter since the trees are green and clouds are big!

Skip

35 & 50mm are my most used focal length .... sold anything wider!

I prefer different flavors of 35 & 50

Canon 35/2,8 serenar, Leica 35/ 3,5 summaron LTM, 35 summicron pre-asph (iv) and 35 summicron asph

50 lux asph and 50 rigid cron (1957)

As specialty lenses, which i use very very seldom, there are a 75 lux an 90 Macro Elmar

After 9 months i came to the conclusion i prefer the older pre-asph lenses on the M8 (for B&W, which i shoot 99% of the time)!

I only use the Asph lenses wide open in low light or for the occasional colorpicture.

I'm trying to see which lenses I'll end up using the most.

28 A cron, 6bit, bought new

35 A cron, 6bit bought new

35 A lux chrome, bought new several yrs ago

50 cron rigid, bought used CLA'd

50 noctilux on voucher order

75 lux, bought used

90 elmarit thin, bought used

Favorite on M8 and carry around all the time (currently): 35 A cron and 75 lux

Other option trying out on M8: 28 A cron, 50 rigid, and 90 2.8 (very light weight lens)

I have the 35 A lux all the time on my chrome MP but I prefer the 35 cron on the M8, smaller and lighter, even though the lux has absolutely no focus problems on M8.

Next lens: thinking about 21/4 skopar or the 15mm. Anxious to try out the Noctilux when it comes. Kinda afraid the M8 won't be able to handle the focus for both the 75 lux and the Noctilux at the same time without matching both lenses.

Thinking I should sell the 35 A lux but I know I'll regret it considering that the prices keep going up.

Jan

I just came back from a cruise in Alaska. On most excursions there I had:

M8, CV 15, 24/2.8A, 35/1.4A, 50/1.4A, 90/2 AA

R9/DMR, 280/4 APO, 180/2.8 APO, 1.4X and 2X.

I sometimes wished I had the 100/2.8 APO macro along as well.

In my Bag.

M8, of course. :-)

Voigt 12mm asph (JM front and rear) , Leica 21 Elmarit asph, 24 Elmarit asph, 35 Lux asph, 50 Lux asph, Nocti, 90 Elmarit.

[ All 6-bit ]

Voucher lens : WATE (JM adapter) + Finder.

Favourite at the moment is the WATE. :-)

D200 - on the shelf (mostly)

M8 New March and new (since then heaven forgive me)

CV15 on its way

24 Elmarit ASPH Could use a Leica 55mm UV/IR filter to fit the hood

28 Cron ASPH

35 Cron ASPH

75 Cron APO

CV 75/2.5

Looking for a 50 Lux, a 90 Cron and everything else...

Most used

toss-up between 24 and 28

-bob

biggest wish: fix auto WB

In the bag usually never more than 4 at a time, very often just the TE and one more lens.

In the big bag at home, collected over the last 15 years:

15cv, 21/2.8asph, 24/2.8asph, 28/2.0asph, 35/1.4asph, 35/2.0 old version from Canada (I have used it for about 15years), 50/1.0 made in Canada (because the price was too good to be true) , 50/1.4asph, 50/2.0 Made in Canada old and used (will sell), 50/2.8, 50/2.8 chrome old on a old M3, 75/1.4, 90/2.8, 90Macro+Macro Adapter, 135/3.4, TE28-35-50

WATE+Frnakenfinder on order

M6 (used it for over 15 years),M3 (used, was a gift),M7 (probably will sell it), RD1, M8

My favorite and by far most used lenses are:

28/2.0, 50/1.4asph, TE, 90/4.0 Macro

Lenses I am interested in: Zeiss Sonnar C50/1.5

Lenses I am not really interested in: 75/2.0, 90apo

When I get my WATE I might not need 15,21,24 any more.

My 35lux and 135 are not used because they seem not to focus reliable on my M8.

Some lenses like the 35/2.0 or 50/2.8 are not used much but I have a personal relationship so wont sell, same for my "old" M6.

Tough question and looking at my list, I think I have to admit that I got the virus - and there is still no cure in sight yet.

M6 TTL, M8

CV 15

CV 21 (will have to go for a ZM 21)

28 Elmarit asph

35 Cron asph

50 '70 Cron (will have to go for a Lux asph)

CV 75 (trying to find a Summilux, but also keep the CV)

90 ME (great for travel)

90 Apo Cron asph (not used often, but it is one of these "wow factor" lenses)

Used most, 35 cron, CV 15, 90 ME.

Please have mercy and don't ask us to complete our lists with the respective USD amounts.

:p:P:p

DANGER! Do not attend Leica Akademie!

I though that I was happy witht he selection of lenses before I went on he trip. Then they let you use all of the glass that you can not get or afford and then just as the trip ends, they ask for the lenses back!

15 CV

21 Elmarit (pre Asph)

28 Cron Asph (bought after the trip)

35 Cron Asph

50 Cron

90 Elmarit

In lust for a 75 Cron, glad my dealer did not have one in stock during Leica Days or the trip would have been really, really expensive.

Plus bought 180 Apo and 35 - 70 Vario Elmar just in case the R10 comes out. The prices on R lenses are way down, less than $1000 for the two lenses, at those prices could not resist!

-Al

Sold my M7 as a downpayment for the M8 (negotiated with wife) I can usually buy something if I sell something. Sold my old pre asph 28 and 50. Replaced them with asph versions.

24 asph new

28 asph new

35 cron asph (had it coded and is for sale)

35 lux asph (bought used and will need to be coded)

50 lux asph new

75 cron new

90 cron asph had it coded

50 noc 30% discount lens on order (do not know if I will keep)

Luigi case and strap

Billingham Leica bag

Old Domke satchel bag

In the bag: 28 Summicron + 50 Summilux

In the studio: 90 Elmar Macro + Rodenstock Apo-Rodagon D enlarging lens (w/ Leica Bellows)

I like to keep it simple. I stick to a range not far from normal for available light (28-50 on the M8 or 35-75 on 24x36). I don't foresee purchasing anything new unless it's to replace one of the lenses I have. I have a 135/4 and 65/3.5 that I will be selling. I like to become intimately familiar with the gear I use, so it's second nature and to much stuff gets in the way of that for me.

Depending on the sort of work I'm getting next year I will may add a DSLR (macro, tilt-shift) as I've sold my 1Ds and am now using the M8 exclusively. In the mean time the M8 is filling in no problems on product shots. Waiting to see the 1Ds MKIII, R10 and what the medium format guys will bring out.