Fun time: Whats in the bag now

Guest guy_mancuso

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well it's been since November since the release of the M8 and as many of folks are like me we added than subtracted lenses in this time frame and with the 30 percent vouchers ordered new ones and we all know this does change from time to time . So just for fun what lenses are sitting in the bag include you 30 voucher lens also and than pick your one favorite. I'll admit my lens addiction first. This is almost tearful . LOL

CV 12, WATE, 28 cron, 35 lux , 50 lux , 75 lux, 90 cron, 90 macro and adapter, 135 apo.

Voucher lens = Nocti

Most used 28 cron.

Okay time to own up boys and girls. I promise not to send your list to your spouse. LOL

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi I have a poor mans lens range 15 voigt 21 zeiss 25 zeiss 2I 28 summicron, 35 summilux 50 nokton and a 50 zeiss f2 soon to be sold, 75 summilux bought used before it got expensive most used are 25 zeiss . Hey guy ever get the canoli in NY lol viewfinders zeiss 21 and the 25 I sold my 35 aspherical original and bought the newer model and my 75 summilux with the profits. I want a wate but oh well David

At the moment I have: M6, M8, WATE, 28 Cron, 35 Cron Asph, '62 50 Cron DR, 50 Lux Asph, 75 Lux, 90 Macro. my 30% is a Noctilux, and I have just decided to pick up Eoin's 35 Lux Asph and sell my 35 Cron Asph. That will probably be my final lineup for a while, unless I decide to pick up a 75 Cron or 90 Cron Asph.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

New lenses since M8 in Nov:

28 Cron, 35 Cron asph, 50 Lux LHSA asph, newly arrived Nocti, 90Cron APO

Lenses before M8 used with M6TTL and M3:

21 Elmarit, 35 Lux pre-asph, 35 Cron 8-element with eyes, 50 Cron v4, 50 Lux v2, 75 Lux, 90 Cron v2, 90 Elmarit 1st version, plus a number of LTM bodies and lenses.

Plan to rationalize and sell a few of the older ones.

Alan

Hey Guy,

in my bag there are:

CV 15 Heliar, Zeiss 25mm f2.8 Biogon, Zeiss 35mm f2 Biogon (chosen to replace the 35 cron - I much prefere the Zeiss' rendition), Zeiss 50mm f2 Planar, Leica 90mm f2 cron.

Soon to get in the bag: Leica 75mm f2 cron, Zeiss 50mm f1.5 Sonnar. Didn't use the voucher, I got my M8 too late for that...

Cool thread, I am looking forward to more replies! :D

Guest Lotw

Since november:

M7 OUT

M8 IN

M6TTL

CV15 stayed

CV25 stayed

35 s'cron pre-asph stayed

50 asph s'lux OUT

50 s'cron 3rd gen IN

75 s'lux stayed

90 macro-elmar collapsible stayed

visoflex IN

telyt 280/4.8 IN

I'm trying to rationalise my line up, LOL, some hope!.

In the bag as I write this, 21 Elmarit Asph, 28 Summicron Asph, 35 Summilux Asph, 50 Summicron, & 75 Summicron Apo Asph.

Inbound, 50 Noctilux & 85 Summarex

Outbound / for sale 21 Elmarit Asph, 35 Summilux Asph, 50 Summicron & 75 Summicron Apo Asph.

Leaving 28 Elmarit Asph, Noctilux & Summarex

Ouch selling the 75 cron. That hurts

Not as much as cutting yourself on the sharpness of the images it produces :D .

Only joking, It's more a matter of too much contrast/sharpness, other than that it's rather special.

Anyway it's not sold yet so it may end up staying, :)

I have a cruel, debilitating (in financial terms) mania for Leica glass. This is my list since January,

28 Cron

90 macro and adapter

75 cron

50Summilux

Noctilux

90 summicron asap

CV 15 with Milich stuff at both ends

There are other lens that I have bought and sold, I am horrified as I write this. But I do love the look of all this glass, thank goodness it is almost over and I can systematically work out the various characters of each lens.

I know I should have progressed slowly in my acquisitions but I couldn't resist, what a sad confession! Looks like I am in this for the long term. Most of this spending was offset by a wholesale of my Nikon glass, how is that for justification?

Tom

I'm afraid I blew my budget on the M8, so I don't (yet) have any Leica glass. Right now it's CV 25 & 35 Color Skopar, Ultron 28/1.9, and Nokton 40/1.4. Next up will be the CV 15 and probably a 75 of some kind. I also have (or had) on loan from a friend a 28 Elmarit, which I can't bring myself to give back, and a 35 'lux and 35 'cron. I am currently plotting ways to acquire more lenses without the wife finding out about it. She knows nothing about cameras, but she has an uncanny ability to recognize things that she hasn't seen before. I think it's some kind of preternatural sixth sense. Don't all wives have that? ;)

Bill

I have M8 and M6 Classic (replacing the soon to go M5 user.)

CV15 Helier with JM on both ends, 28 cron ASPH, 50 cron, 50 lux ASPH, 50 summarit, Nocti coming w/30%, 75 lux, 90 cron.

My favorite and most used is the 75 lux, but I love them all!!! I probably will only keep two 50mms; cron and one of the 50 lux or 50 nocti..

I also have an XTi w/35 cron R and a couple of Canon lenses. It sure isn't seeing much use any more and may go (after a job that I need it for in August.)

My husband just smiles:p . I'm happy...he's happy!

My complete set of lenses presently are as follows:

28mm f2.0 Summicron ASPH (Purchased New)

50mm f1.0 Noctilux (Purchased New PRIOR to Latest Price Increase)

35mm f1.4 Summilux ASPH (Purchased USED)

75mm f1.4 Summilux (Voucher Lens)

My "favorite lens" is the 75mm (for protraits". Most all around lens left on the M8 "at the ready" is the 35mm.

Attila