Leica Q: Firmware Update v3.0

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone, since the update I can not remove the visualization of the image in the viewfinder, I explain: once a photo is made, as long as you do not release the shutter, the photo taken remains displayed. However, I removed the auto view of photos. Before the update, I did not have this phenomenon. It's quite painful because I like working by soliciting the trigger constantly to keep the point ... If you have a solution I'm super taker! This MAJ has good things but must rummage through the menus that I have apparently not done enough!

Thank you in advance.

The image stays as long as you keep the shutter button fully pressed. If you release the shutter button, the image preview stops. Then you can half press the shutter button again to focus.

The image stays as long as you keep the shutter button fully pressed. If you release the shutter button, the image preview stops. Then you can half press the shutter button again to focus.

Yes ok, I know this, but why not keep the old settings too? It's a no sense. Because if you shoot quickly and in succession you can have problems, sometimes you can see the picture just taken, it is not as fluid as before. if you put in the menu autoplay Off, should be  Off..

Edited by benpisati
  • Like 2

yes. that`s exactly what we wrote :) but we want a solution like it was in firmware 2.0

ok let me know what they say you. Thanks.

Oh that seems annoying - glad I read what the guinea pigs have found before I upgraded.  Now wondering if other "features" outweigh this. Wonder why something like this would have been changed - very un-camera like behavior?  I suppose I can get in the habit of quickly tapping the button, but gee-wiz, why is that a good idea?

Thanks to this forum ... I talked about Summilux.com, not a single return !! it is a serious problem and it is incredible not to be able to withdraw via the menu ... but it's still funny that no one has spoken before! so to follow and THANK YOU AGAIN (sorry for my bad english, i'm french and translated on google !!!)

Well I just tried to take quick shots and this is really not an issue to me, probably because I always release the shutter button immediately after taking a picture.

Even if you half release the shutter button, the image preview goes off.

I don't quite understand why one would keep the button fully pressed after taking a picture, it makes no sense to me.

Edited by Voxen
  • Like 1

Guest tofu_man

I don't quite understand why one would keep the button fully pressed after taking a picture, it makes no sense to me.

I do sometimes if I'm taking photos at night with a very slow shutter speed. I depress & release the shutter very slowly to avoid any shake that the OIS can't cope with.

Not a big deal but I wish I could switch it off.

Well I just tried to take quick shots and this is really not an issue to me, probably because I always release the shutter button immediately after taking a picture.

Even if you half release the shutter button, the image preview goes off.

Oh, maybe I misunderstood the issue - I thought it held the preview, regardless. I don't think I hold the button after a shot.  Actually this may be a handy way to have a preview with auto-preview set off.