Leica Q: Firmware Update v3.0

Advertisement (gone after registration)

• Power Saving Mode: If required, the camera can now be set to switch to Stand-By Mode after 10 seconds.

It can't find this option. In mine the fastest is still 30 seconds.

Not so hard to find: "Power Saving" -> "Power Saving Mode" -> "on" or "off"

When "on" the camera shuts down to sleep mode after 10 seconds. If it is switched off, the other settings are valid.

• Like 1

What are the grey card 1 & 2 menus for?

I think it's always been there but not called such. You can take pictures of grey cards (or any other balanced neutral color) under two different conditions and have the white balance set by those--such as cloudy, dusk, etc.

• Like 1

For those attempting the upload, the instructions from Leica are incorrect.

To make the download start once it has been added to the card, one needs to press the POWER button and the RECORD button simultaneously.  

Leica's instructions errantly suggest simply to load the card, power the camera on, and go into the menu to "camera information" and there will be a prompt (but there isn't).

• Like 2

FAVORITE FEATURES:

The "Favorites" menu will save us a lot of time customizing for a particular shoot.

The named Profiles means I can remove the label I had telling me which was what

Tabbed menus:  nice but I still wind up going up and down searching...

Auto OIS is great.  I don't need it except for slow exposures.

Question:  Is there any disadvantage when using ONLY the electronic shutter?  Banding?

I'm a happy Q user who loves named profiles!  I only change them when I'm in a hurry due to changing image opportunities!

• Like 2

Can somebody remind me how can I set the pic progressive numbering back to the last number used before the firmware upgrade? It is now back to L1000001.....thanks in advance

Edited by faxao
  • Like 1

I see that to exit  menu one has to half-press shutter reease and not press MENU again.Was this always the case with the Q?

MAROG

To set the horizontal go tp MENU>MAIN MENU> (4) Photo Live View Setup>Level Gauge ON. But when looking through viewfinder you need press centre button of 4-pad until it shows (disappears with two other viewing options).  :)  

Edited by microview

yes, thank you for ending my frustration. not very strong that Leica has the wrong directions on its own website, I guess....

Basically, it appears to me, having just updated the M10 as well, that they inadvertently used the M10 update instructions instead of the Q.  Seems like a hazard around releasing firmware updates for  two camera in the same day.

• Like 1

For those attempting the upload, the instructions from Leica are incorrect.

To make the download start once it has been added to the card, one needs to press the POWER button and the RECORD button simultaneously.

Leica's instructions errantly suggest simply to load the card, power the camera on, and go into the menu to "camera information" and there will be a prompt (but there isn't).

Thanks a ton!!!

• Like 1

The timer not canceling after each shot is a nice change for me. This is as it should have been and the way almost all digital cameras work. It’s intuitive although I understood Leica’s logic about how mechanical timers worked in the past. It’s modern and more convenient to not reset it like in the previous firmware revision.

• Like 1

I’m with SonomaBear wanting to know the advantages and disadvantages of electronic shutter all the time. I suppose one disadvsntage of rolling shutter that would show up photographing a fast moving object like a airplane propeller. Others?

• Like 1