Leica Q: Firmware Update v3.0

Could it be continuous focus instead of single?

I don't think so. I think its the iris/exposure rather than the autofocus. Even on manual it still constantly shifts as I reframe with the camera and the light changes. 

I've reset the camera and tried all the settings that I can think of but for a while the iris doesn't move, and then for no apparent reason it starts irising open and closed at various apertures (I can see it if i look into the lens and move the camera around).

Edited by MikeTaylor

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone. I restarted the camera a couple of times and took it out on a shoot yesterday. All was well. I'm guessing a software glitch on upgrade. I'll be keeping an eye on it though as I spoke to Leica London. They offered to send it to Germany. And it seems no one has reported this issue before. Lets hope no one else does... In other news, the V3 firmware seems to deliver nice looking images...

Hi All,

I have loved the Leica Q since I bought it 2.5 years ago. But since the new update software it has just become so slow at taking photos. Slow to get focus and then there seems to be some sort of lag between pressing the shutter and it actually taking the photo. Plus the way in which it is giving me a 0.0001 second preview (it seems) in the viewfinder when I take a photo is driving me mad. I am going to head to the Leica store in London and check that it isn't a problem with just my camera - I have to say, right now I am looking at the Fujis as a future......

Is anyone else feeling the same way?

• Like 1

Hi All,

I have loved the Leica Q since I bought it 2.5 years ago. But since the new update software it has just become so slow at taking photos. Slow to get focus and then there seems to be some sort of lag between pressing the shutter and it actually taking the photo. Plus the way in which it is giving me a 0.0001 second preview (it seems) in the viewfinder when I take a photo is driving me mad. I am going to head to the Leica store in London and check that it isn't a problem with just my camera - I have to say, right now I am looking at the Fujis as a future......

Sorry to hear of your frustrations. I’ve been very happy overall with the 3.0 firmware. The photo displayed after the shot is a little annoying and I wish they’d make that a selectable option. I’m happy with my Q. If you’re really serious about looking I’d suggest Sony. I tried one of their mirrorless cameras a friend had and I was stunned how fast it focused. I don’t have recent experience with a Fuji. Good luck.

Hi All,

The preview in EFV is a gift from leca after the firmware. A gift that nobody asked. If they do not fix the problem within the year I will certainly sell the camera. A pity because with the 3.0 they had added the new menu, was e perfect camera. Not now.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Leica fix auto review problem on SL with firmware 3.3. I wonder if they will do the same with the Q

“Furthermore, an additional option ‘Shutter Pressed’ has been added to Auto Review settings, and the option ‘Off’ no longer enables the camera to show Auto Review while the shutter release is pressed. These revised settings allow photographers to focus on the action in fast action moments where there may not be time to review each picture.”

Edited by benpisati
  • Like 2

Leica fix auto review problem on SL with firmware 3.3. I wonder if they will do the same with the Q

“Furthermore, an additional option ‘Shutter Pressed’ has been added to Auto Review settings, and the option ‘Off’ no longer enables the camera to show Auto Review while the shutter release is pressed. These revised settings allow photographers to focus on the action in fast action moments where there may not be time to review each picture.”

ich hatte die letzten tage leica nochmals angeschrieben mit dem obigen text.

hier folgende antwort:

ich habe Ihre Mail an die zuständige Produkt-Managerin weitergeleitet. Ich bin mir nicht  sicher, ob diese Punkte auch in eine neue FW für die LEIAC Q verwendbar sind. Wann eine neue FW für die LEIAC Q erscheint und was sie beinhaltet entzieht sich meiner Kenntnis, aber selbst im Flurfunk habe ich noch nichts darüber gehört. Vielleicht lassen sich Ihre Wünsche ja realisieren. Bis dahin. Schönen Tag noch

downgrade auf FW2.0 ist übrigens nicht möglich

• 5 months later...

Hello, thank you for accepting me in your community.

I am the happy owner of a leica Q (Type 116), needing help.

The previous owner has never updated the firmware that is stopped at 1.0, I would like to know how I can update the firmware to bring it 3.0.

Do I have to upgrade to 2.0 before?

Can I upgrade it directly to 3.0?

I can not find the 2.0 update anywhere.

Sorry for my English

Thanks for your help.

Raffaele

Edited by raffaele
  • Like 1

Welcome. If you read this thread you'll find the answers.

You can update to the latest firmware immediately, without loading the intermediate versions. You can find the current firmware and update instructions on Leica's website.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, raffaele said:

The previous owner has never updated the firmware that is stopped at 1.0, I would like to know how I can update the firmware to bring it 3.0.

Sorry for my English

Thanks for your help.

Raffaele

yes, welcome, Raffaele! The only "requirements" are that you post wonderful photos and never apologize for your multilinguality!

It's on the first page of this thread. This site always announces new updates and major releases.

Here: 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, raffaele said:

Sorry for my English

Thanks for your help.

Raffaele

Welcome Raffaele,

After you update the firmware to 3.0, I recommend you spend time perusing the past posts about the new features. There are numerous improvements that are not documented in the Q manual. It’s a fun challenge to discover all the great capabilities of the Q. It’s a spectacular camera and it will grow on you as you fully utilize the features and terrific image quality. 

Edited by Infiniumguy
  • Like 2