Banding on Q

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I posted this on the fb forum too so apologies if you read it there. I'm trying to track down the cause of a problem.

I took part in a photoshoot yesterday where my Q started banding dark-and-light horizontally and later put a yellow cast in the upper half of the pictures. This was after hour or so of use. Of course we don't often get 30 degree heat in England so I wondered if that was the problem. I was in an hotel and the lighting was very mixed, so obviously too some sort of phasing with the lights could also be the problem. Anyone experience this?

My solution was to put the camera away for an hour and when I came back to it we'd moved outside, so I still don't know if it was the light or the heat. I use an SL 601 with 24-90 as well but that had no issues.

thanks

John

Edited by antigallican

I posted this on the fb forum too so apologies if you read it there. I'm trying to track down the cause of a problem.

I took part in a photoshoot yesterday where my Q started banding dark-and-light horizontally and later put a yellow cast in the upper half of the pictures. This was after hour or so of use. Of course we don't often get 30 degree heat in England so I wondered if that was the problem. I was in an hotel and the lighting was very mixed, so obviously too some sort of phasing with the lights could also be the problem. Anyone experience this?

My solution was to put the camera away for an hour and when I came back to it we'd moved outside, so I still don't know if it was the light or the heat. I use an SL 601 with 24-90 as well but that had no issues.

thanks

John

once i encountered banding w/my Q due to lighting conditions...  my banding occurred when i was outside in very strong sunlight shooting into the sun (not directly). i also had some weird sky colors appear which may have been exposure or processing related.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Without example pictures everything is speculation.

This is true. I can't post the pictures, unfortunately. However, I may have found the answer - LED lights. There's a thread here "https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/269833-my-brand-new-leica-q-has-horizontal-bands-on-photos-at-12000s/" where someone has posted similar looking pictures. Mine were very similar looking but I wasn't using the over-2000th shutter speeds

Edited by antigallican
  • Like 1

Having to shrink the file down makes it harder to spot but this is one of the shots from the football.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1