New firmware for m10 arrived

MyLeicaWorld

Lot of finger wagging going in this thread. You guys don't get out much?  The internet is full of popular camera rumor sites visited regularly by tens of thousands of eager consumers just waiting for a glimpse of what might be coming. Personally, I 'd like to thank double_0_se7en for dropping this one on us...which BTW obviously turned out to be spot on. Very exciting and looks like some really valuable goodies in this update. 

Edited by LBJ2
  • Like 2

I installed the new M10 firmware this AM (US). One of the features of the new FW is a different method of delete. As of 5 minutes ago the only way I can delete a single image is to use delete multi. Even several rounds of delete single won't delete the chosen image. In other words that feature doesn't work on my M10.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I installed the new M10 firmware this AM (US). One of the features of the new FW is a different method of delete. As of 5 minutes ago the only way I can delete a single image is to use delete multi. Even several rounds of delete single won't delete the chosen image. In other words that feature doesn't work on my M10.

I just tested it and it seems to work on mine. AFTER you press play PLAY, then MENU button, scroll to "delete single", then press the CENTER Pad BUTTON, you will see the TRASH icon pop up, then press the CENTER Pad Button again.  Single delete is working on mine!

Edited by roverover
  • Like 2

I just tested it and it seems to work on mine. AFTER you press play PLAY, then MENU button, scroll to "delete single", then press the CENTER Pad BUTTON, you will see the TRASH icon pop up, then press the CENTER Pad Button again.  Single delete is working on mine!

Yes: just tried 'new' feature and it's exact;y as you describe it – dustbin and press centre button.

Camera showed any EC setting other than zero as "-3.00" in the picture info when picture was reviewed in-camera. (EXIF as shown on computer later was correct. Actual EC used was correct)

Edited by adan
  • Like 2

Lot of finger wagging going in this thread. You guys don't get out much?  The internet is full of popular camera rumor sites visited regularly by tens of thousands of eager consumers just waiting for a glimpse of what might be coming. Personally, I 'd like to thank double_0_se7en for dropping this one on us...which BTW obviously turned out to be spot on. Very exciting and looks like some really valuable goodies in this update. 

With hindsight, I suspect his dealer friend had a copy of the Press Release that was embargoed until 3pm CET today, and didn't know what embargo meant so leaked it.

Ahh - that's good - I have on occasion miss-hit the center set/OK button with my thumb, and in the previous FW, had the camera move "left" or "right" one image and delete at the same time (the wrong picture, or two at once!) The new separate trash-can frame "interrupts" that possible sequence - one can no longer both scroll through pictures AND fire the delete trigger simultaneously by pressing two buttons at once.

(I have fat thumbs - I admit it!)

Edited by adan

- For some of us, continuous is good, but continuous at 5 fps is overkill in some situations. The film M motors have generally had only 1.5 to 3 fps, depending on era.

- The high-speed continuous setting makes it tricky to just take one picture, if one wants to intersperse single frames with continuous sequences - you have to have a very quick trigger finger to snap just one and remove pressure before the camera takes a second (or more) exposure. Having the slower option allows switching from sequences to singles and back, without a trip into the menu to swap mode from C to S.

• Like 3

You’re welcome.. so another good news from Wetzlar..

Get ready for the M-P10 with great improvements.. :) have a great day ..

Lot of finger wagging going in this thread. You guys don't get out much? The internet is full of popular camera rumor sites visited regularly by tens of thousands of eager consumers just waiting for a glimpse of what might be coming. Personally, I 'd like to thank double_0_se7en for dropping this one on us...which BTW obviously turned out to be spot on. Very exciting and looks like some really valuable goodies in this update.

• Like 1