New firmware for m10 arrived

MyLeicaWorld

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Double zero have licence to kill  :ph34r:

Is this director still your friend? You just stabbed the nife in his back as he broke an nda. If I were his boss I would not trust that person any more and ask him to leave. And note that it is so easy to find out who your director-friend is. No worry: I have no time for such stories.

But no licence to crow about it. If I were stupid enough to break an NDA I would most certainly not appreciate somebody plastering it all over the Internet.The contract has clear sanctions about breaking it. This forum is closely followed by Leica. At the very least he will be on the "never again" list.

Apart from the fact that it is quite likely that this is still beta firmware.  This was not an official Leica link either. If somebody got it into his head to launch a ransomware attack on Leica this would be the way to do it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

just curious...are there any members here who actually work for Leica ? or do people from Leica simply browse and not participate ?

I think it's closely monitored by the Leica police in disguise. Seems anything iffy gets a swift retort!

By the way do you know that you can engrave your m10s at Wetzlar for just 250 euros.. just keep in mind.. one more factory secret ;)

Yes, I have three engraved cameras. An M6, an M9 and a Monochrom. At the time Leica did not engrave Monochrom cameras, so I had to sign an NDA to get it done. I could only show it on the forum after the NDA expired after a year. I never figured out how Leica thought I could prevent others from seeing it whilst I was using it, though.

Quite a few others have their names engraved, as Leica has been doing this forever. I have a iif with the name of the original owner engraved.

By the way do you know that you can engrave your m10s at Wetzlar for just 250 euros.. just keep in mind.. one more factory secret ;)

Not sure this is much of a factory secret as they have done this for years.

Yes, well, reading is one thing, implementing something else. To be fair, despite having a written a few desires on the list a while back, I'm not unhappy with things as they stand. OTOH, the price of the camera has risen 12% in a little over a year.  Be nice to to think that some of that excess lucre is going toward product improvement.