New firmware for m10 arrived

MyLeicaWorld

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The new firmware is 2.4.5.0

My friend is the director of the leica store and I guess the store received the final public firmware before the release to public and he sent the download link only to the premium customers. I guess in a week it will be available for everyone..

• Like 1

If this is the case it looks like your friend or someone in his circle has broken a NDA and is likely to face a negative reaction from Leica.

Whatever the apparent reliability of your source I’d strongly recommend waiting until yo7 hear from Leica before installing a new firmware.

• Like 5

My friend is the director of the leica store and I guess the store received the final public firmware before the release to public and he sent the download link only to the premium customers. I guess in a week it will be available for everyone..

The Forum will not condone nor be complicit in the dissipation of illegally obtained software, so the link cannot be published here.

• Like 2

This makes no sence at all. Why would a Leica store need a pre-release of firmware?  What would they legitimately need it for? If there is new firmware I am sure Mr.Slack et al have been testing the beta version and are correctly silent on the topic until formally released.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Btw, the link is possible to be generated by copying the link of another firmware and charging the numbers into the ones this user has submitted.

I have managed to download it as well and it looks like it is active

PS Delete this as apparently, you can download any number combination by this method, I have managed to download one with 3.2.4.0 as well :)

Edited by fatihayoglu

This makes no sence at all. Why would a Leica store need a pre-release of firmware?  What would they legitimately need it for? If there is new firmware I am sure Mr.Slack et al have been testing the beta version and are correctly silent on the topic until formally released.

It makes sense. I have some QNAP’s and you can even become an official beta tester before an update is released to the public.

You need to save them to a card before installation, and then reload them. Simple to do.

Good to know. My personal setting are quite well balanced for me. Thanks.

Edited by Gobert

It is not unusual for selected forum members to betatest firmware. I'm sure we are all aware that a pool of candidates was created for the purpose. Until now all have kept strictly to their NDA as far as I am aware. Disclaimer - I am not an M10 owner, so I have no specific inside information. Anyway, if previous betatests are anything to go by, Leica will not release the final version until it goes onto their website. Anything that leaked out must be beta firmware, and as such not supported by Leica, apart from the betatesters. So if anyone bricks his camera by uploading it (and this has happened in the past) he is on his own. Not worth the risk.

• Like 5

It is not unusual for selected forum members to betatest firmware. I'm sure we are all aware that a pool of candidates was created for the purpose. Until now all have kept strictly to their NDA as far as I am aware. Disclaimer - I am not an M10 owner, so I have no specific inside information. Anyway, if previous betatests are anything to go by, Leica will not release the final version until it goes onto their website. Anything that leaked out must be beta firmware, and as such not supported by Leica, apart from the betatesters. So if anyone bricks his camera by uploading it (and this has happened in the past) he is on his own. Not worth the risk.

Agreed, as I said "Mr.Slack et al". What makes no sense to me is the suggestion that 'his friend' has been sent it as a director of a dealership. Now if he is a beta tester who happens also to be the director of a dealership he obviously dosn't understand his obligations.

Edited by pedaes

Btw, the link is possible to be generated by copying the link of another firmware and charging the numbers into the ones this user has submitted.

I have managed to download it as well and it looks like it is active

PS Delete this as apparently, you can download any number combination by this method, I have managed to download one with 3.2.4.0 as well :)

Leica Germany has confirmed that the new firmware will be released within days.

• Like 3

Is your (possibly soon to be ex) friend aware you are broadcasting his indiscretion? :)

• Like 1

Is this director still your friend? You just stabbed the knife in his back as he broke an nda. If I were his boss I would not trust that person any more and ask him to leave. And note that it is so easy to find out who your director-friend is. No worry: I have no time for such stories.