VERY BIG PRINTS from Monochrom 246 photos

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

in the next days 15 very big prints will be exhibited on the left wall of the Besòs River, near Barcelona.

This is an open air exhibition showing a selection of the landscape and cityscape photos I took in this area in the first months of 2017 on assignment of the Catalan Architects Guild.

From a total of 60-70 final photographs 15 were selected for this exhibition. I did the majority of these 15 with the Monochrom Type 246.

Each print is 300 cm x 450 cm. Yes, that big... Material is plastic canvas, using the newest inks developed by HP, so called latex inks. The detail is amazing!

Edited by Manolo Laguillo
  • Like 4

For color I had the Leica S006, but it was stolen on february 2017... So I found myself with 2 beautiful S lenses and no body for them. Tried to sell them, but without success. So I took profit, at the end of 2017, of an offer and bought a medium format camera with some lenses. The 2 S lenses were accepted by the shop as part of the payment. After comparing pictures made with the 246 with the ones made with the medium format camera I had to accept how redundant the 246 had become taking into account my very own way of working. This is the explanation for selling the 246.

Edited by Manolo Laguillo
  • Like 2

That is a huge size indeed for prints off the M246. I’ve done 60”x40” (150cm x 100cm) on a lambda printer, and been delighted with the image quality over M10/240.

I don’t disagree with your comments about medium format - which camera did you get there?

It's the Fuji GFX. Being a DSLR with an electronic viewfinder it has a short flange distance. This allows using medium format lenses with special shift adapters (KIPON). I have the 35mm for Pentax 645 and the 45mm for Pentax 67. I also use the 24mm TS Canon lens with a 'smart adapter' that allows changing the f. stop. The results are superb.

• Like 1