Noctilux f/1 soft?

ELAN

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Nespresso is poppin' right out of my screen :)

Another wide open with the f1

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by thatkatmat
  • Like 1

Another...

100% crop

Not too bad :)...The 75 is sharper and so is the .95, but I love the way this f1 Noct  renders and in the end, that's why you keep a lens, because it works as you hope it does. Sharpness is secondary, not because it's not sharp, but because I look at the overall scene and how it paints.

Edited by thatkatmat
  • Like 1

Wide open Noct f1

100% crop

Edited by thatkatmat

• 2 years later...
On 7/1/2018 at 7:23 PM, evikne said:

I got a Noctilux f/1 this summer and couldn’t be more satisfied. I think I’ve been pretty lucky with my copy, since it focuses perfectly at all distances. I have almost ten years of experience from Canon 85mm f/1.2, which I mostly used wide open. And much of the technique with Leica isn’t that different (re-composing from the middle, etc.). So switching to Leica and Noctilux went pretty easy. 

Here is a collection of candid shots with my Noctilux, almost all taken at f/1.0:

https://spark.adobe.com/page/3k5IUAYESGxkI/

wow!! just looked at your images & I'm impressed big time - they're gorgeous

I'm currently looking (about to) at an f1 Noctilux for sale locally

I've also been trawling the net for Nf1 reviews & discussions (there are plenty of opinions, many favourable) but your images have really won me over

If "sharpness" is not your bag then this lens is a winner IMHO - the images have a "painted/impressionistic" feel to them

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I live near Wetzlar and I would like to share some thoughts.

I, am a pixelpeeper, always looking an 100% but to own a Noctilux V4 50 mm was always a dream. So I bought one from a privat guy near Wetzlar, who ownes a really big collection of lenses and noctiluxes…

A few days later I went to Athens to visit my daughter. In my bag was a Q, a SL2S and a 75 mm Cron APO and the Noctilux. About 95% of the pictures I took in about one week, I took with the Noctilux………..(-;

At home some pictures disappointed me. But overall I had fun with F-Stop-Variation and to figure out how to manage the wild lens.

After some weeks I decided to give the Noctilux so the Wetzlar-factory to clean it and adjust it. They told me, that it was discentered (do not know with the right word is in English).

Now I am very pleased with the lens and here is a picture after the calibration original and with some adjustments in Lightroom in colour and bn:

• Like 10