Hello from the spaetzle region

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’m German living in the southwest of Germany, Stuttgart area.

I was a dedicated Leica amateur photographer since the 80ies, when I finally could afford a M4-P and step by step the three pre-aspherical M-Summiluxes.

The digitalization found me rather helpless and after a pause of about eight years and the beginning of retirement I decided to pick up my hobby, i.e. I rediscovered photography.

My choice was Fujifilm X-T1 (APS-C), because I could easily adapt the Luxes though accepting that they would not develop their FF capabilities.

In order to enlarge my focal length collection I decided to acquire Elmarit-R primes mostly because their lower prices but equal quality. With the Metabones Speedbooster most of the lenses are adaptable and yield almost FF pictures. I’m very happy with this solution, though these lenses are really bulky and heavy.

With my Leitz/Leica M & R primes collection I now enjoy the lenses I could never afford in my younger years in the 80ies.

One and a half year ago I visited the new Leica campus in Wetzlar. I had my own Elmarit-R 28 with me and I was allowed to use it on a SL for about twenty minutes. Very seductive but way too expensive. But I have to confess that my Leica GAS is not yet finally cured …

Since I have given up analogue photography I'm not using an Leica body any more (so far), but I’m a regular reader of this forum. Besides I'm a rare poster in the German Fuji forum under the same nick, where Leica “old glass” users are an insignificant minority.

If you are wondering why I'm using a Olympus 35 RC on my photo of the mid-70ies, let me know.

rdc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

On 10/29/2018 at 4:41 PM, Marcial said:

I hope you have started to use your M4-P.

Thanks for your reply. Just the contrary. As I wrote above I’m not using a Leica body any longer - so far. My M4-P is out of use as well as my Focomat V35 enlarger. Perhaps they will undergo a resurrection someday. There are still some b&w film rolls left. For the moment I’m very satisfied with my M and R primes mounted to a Fuji X-T1. But sometimes I feel a trace of Leica GAS infection fall-back, when imagining a Leica SL in my hands …

rdc

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/4/2019 at 4:55 PM, rosewellian said:

😀 Stuttgart... anywhere near Sindelfingen?

That’s right. When I moved to the Stuttgart area some thirty years ago the saying was ‘the best of Stuttgart is the motorway (aka autobahn) to Munich’. Nowadays the mayor of the city of Stuttgart as well as the prime minister of the state of Baden-Wuerttemberg are green politicians. Consequently the whole urban area of Stuttgart is barred for old Diesel vehicles since the beginning of this year. An upset owner of an old Diesel vehicle today might consent to ‘Stuttgart is a sh..ho.. near Sindelfingen’.

rdc

• Haha 1