Leica 50mm Summicron APO w/ white glue residues

Av2

I had that on a brand new 35mm f2 ver 4 Summicron years ago...lens was one of my best..

Thank you!  The lens is razor sharp and the images looked amazing!  Other than this residue (not creamy but more like dried epoxy), the lens is perfect.  I'll ignore it for now and if it bothers me enough, I'll send it to Leica.  

Thank you!  The lens is razor sharp and the images looked amazing!  Other than this residue (not creamy but more like dried epoxy), the lens is perfect.  I'll ignore it for now and if it bothers me enough, I'll send it to Leica.  

In that case it might be worth checking to see if it still has Warranty, and if so deciding in the warranty period. I think it would be big $'s if you pay due to the complex assembly of this lens - one reason they cost what they do. Also as lct said, unfixed could make selling more complicated if you ever do decide to part with it. Main thing is to enjoy a great lens.

• Like 1

Hi,

Recently purchased a like new APO with glue like residues around the front lens element. Is this normal on this lens?

By definition this lens was certainly not "like new." If you paid anything close to like new pricing, $5.5-6.5k, you should absolutely return the lens. 

• Like 1