Abstract (open to all, post yours)

Steve Ricoh

Advertisement (gone after registration)

D-LUX2

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Cad Orange Stack Triptych

M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm LHSA ADOX Color Implosion

• Like 6

• Like 17

Red Three Triptych

M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm LHSA & Thambar-M CS ND3 ADOX Color Implosion & Portra 400

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 11

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dancers

M7 + Noctilux

• Like 8

'Alices Adventures in Wonderland' - homage to Lewis Carrol

Leica M7 + 35mm Summarit f2.5. Fuji Neopan 400CN film.

Unretouched straight negative.

Taken unplanned in local shopping mall.

Edited by gwpics
  • Like 7

Not completely sure it fits here but didn't want to open a new thread...

M240 & cron 2/50

• Like 5

p1482033782-5.jpg

Lagoons 2013

M6TTL, 90mm Summicron, E100VS

Great shot, Phil. Echoes Ernst Haas‘s Kodachrome abstracts. We can’t all get to the 10,000 foot view like you did here, but your rich abstract reminds us that even though we are bobbing at sea level, we should always aspire to a higher aesthetic altitude.

• Like 2

Great shot, Phil. Echoes Ernst Haas‘s Kodachrome abstracts. We can’t all get to the 10,000 foot view like you did here, but your rich abstract reminds us that even though we are bobbing at sea level, we should always aspire to a higher aesthetic altitude.

Thank you sincerely, Rog - I'll happily take any association with Ernst Haas! Not the 10,000 foot view, though - this is from a chugging Tiger Moth! But I was impressed with the patterns formed by sewage lagoons.

• Like 2

Thank you sincerely, Rog - I'll happily take any association with Ernst Haas! Not the 10,000 foot view, though - this is from a chugging Tiger Moth! But I was impressed with the patterns formed by sewage lagoons.

De Havilland Tiger Moth! I was up many times in the De Havilland Otter when I was in the Air Force detached to Fritzsche Army Airfield at Ft. Ord, Monterey, California. Do you have any other aerial views you can share?

Cheers,

Rog

• Like 2

Ah! I remenber it well. Werribbee Sewage farm. Back (way back) in the day I was dispatched to do aerial photography of the farm. Take off from Essendon, right next to Tullamarine. We had the starboard door off from a twin engine plane and I was wearing a harness in the doorway, shooting a Hasselblad. I had instructed the pilot to only make left hand turns so that I would be thrown 'in', not 'out' if you get my meaning. Anyway, just after take-off at about 500ft, a commercial flight inbound from Sydney was heading our way and my pilot was directed to tun right, to clear the flight path for the jet.

"Shouting over his shoulder he said to me, "sorry mate, gotta go right - incoming".

Just at that moment, I had decided to unhook my restrictive harness so I could shoot more freely. :o

Somehow, my brain had reacted faster than my reflexes and I had 'mentally' already unhooked. Physically I remained connected. Consequently, as I 'flew' out the door my first instinct was to look for, would you believe, a swimming pool!! The sudden jerk of my harness restored my consciousness, and I managed to go on and complete an hour and half of aerial photography. On the way home in heavy traffic, my stationary car suddenly started to shake violently. I switched the engine off, but it kept shaking. Suddenly, I realized I was suffering delayed shock.

• Like 6

Ah! I remenber it well. Werribbee Sewage farm. Back (way back) in the day I was dispatched to do aerial photography of the farm. Take off from Essendon, right next to Tullamarine. We had the starboard door off from a twin engine plane and I was wearing a harness in the doorway, shooting a Hasselblad. I had instructed the pilot to only make left hand turns so that I would be thrown 'in', not 'out' if you get my meaning. Anyway, just after take-off at about 500ft, a commercial flight inbound from Sydney was heading our way and my pilot was directed to tun right, to clear the flight path for the jet.

"Shouting over his shoulder he said to me, "sorry mate, gotta go right - incoming".

Just at that moment, I had decided to unhook my restrictive harness so I could shoot more freely. :o

Somehow, my brain had reacted faster than my reflexes and I had 'mentally' already unhooked. Physically I remained connected. Consequently, as I 'flew' out the door my first instinct was to look for, would you believe, a swimming pool!! The sudden jerk of my harness restored my consciousness, and I managed to go on and complete an hour and half of aerial photography. On the way home in heavy traffic, my stationary car suddenly started to shake violently. I switched the engine off, but it kept shaking. Suddenly, I realized I was suffering delayed shock.

reminds me a time in the 70s also using a Hasselblad but from a helicopter without the door along the CA coast. I kept reaching out and round for framing and felt the comforting tug of my harness but kept hearing a flapping noise. Eventually realized it was the harness that was undone and the tug was from the camera straps.... been afraid of heights ever since....

• Like 5

Werribee? My Masters project was over that exact area, and Port Phillip Bay.

Incredible bird life (Waders). Saw an Orange Bellied Parrot there.

Beaut pic...and in a Tiger Moth...Wow.

De Havilland Tiger Moth! I was up many times in the De Havilland Otter when I was in the Air Force detached to Fritzsche Army Airfield at Ft. Ord, Monterey, California. Do you have any other aerial views you can share?

Cheers,

Rog

reminds me a time in the 70s also using a Hasselblad but from a helicopter without the door along the CA coast. I kept reaching out and round for framing and felt the comforting tug of my harness but kept hearing a flapping noise. Eventually realized it was the harness that was undone and the tug was from the camera straps.... been afraid of heights ever since....

Wo! I had no idea a photo of sewage could trigger so many great memories! Thank you so much. John and Bob, they are incredible stories and, by the sound of it, we are pretty lucky to have you both still here! I think I'd take a LOT of persuading to get back into an aircraft after those experiences! What was your Masters project, David? I'd imagine for birders it would indeed be a happy hunting ground (apart from the smell of course!).

Rog, I don't want to hijack this intriguing thread - perhaps I'll start a thread on aerial photographs. Perhaps you have some from those years in the air force, and others must have some incredible pictures.

• Like 3

In a high altitude geyser pool in the Atacama Desert

• Like 16