M8.2 B&W pictures

lzhjinny

Depends on your desired result, why not try both and compare.

It's been ages since I had an M8 but I recall the jpgs as being great, you might want to play with the respective settings.

Gary

Thank you Gary, yes the jpgs of M8 are great, but I affraid that will lose some details comparing to the DNG file, and I think since we need to adjust the jpg in computer, why not shoot by DNG and then convert to B&W jpg in computer?

Always DNG for the built in colour "filters", not a fan of the "let us convert it for you" I would rather use the sliders myself to my taste, Capture One V11 user since it came originally free with the M8 all those years ago V3.something. IMHO Leica made a mistake moving away from C1, Sony hasn't. Maybe the almost medium format S Leica, which C1 will not support (they don't support other MF cameras) was the deal breaker?

There is a free 28 day trial and lots of -10% codes about.

Edited by chris_livsey

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If speed is key, it’s probably faster to shoot with a phone or a point and shoot camera.

I spend as much time as I need on the pictures that are print worthy, which is a fraction of those taken. But with experience using digital PP tools, the time and effort is still far less than darkroom days. Plus the flexibility of using PP tools like color channels etc would have seemed magical with film.

Jeff