Beautifyl Leica SL case, camouflage

Einst_Stein

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The question is not about camera case or not, it is about which is better for this particular camera.

No, your question was specifically “Who will use this beautiful case.” My response was not me, for reasons given (and which you need not share), and that I find it ugly.

Leica and other vendors make tons of accessories for their cameras...straps, soft releases, bags, thumb rests, grips, add-on finders, lens focus devices, screen protectors, faux animal covers, and dozens more. Stock most always works fine for me (with an occasional black dot solely for aesthetics). Just because it’s made doesn’t mean everyone should buy it. To each his/her own.

Jeff

That was the initial question, but it is evolved due to some other's post, which turned the question to may different directions. That's OK.

But completely against any camera body protection is unlikely a thought through wisdom.  

The SL is weather sealed and built like a tank. I’ve never used a case for any camera and have never needed one. But I carry insurance for full replacement cost on all my gear, for all circumstances worldwide and no deductible, and for a very modest annual premium. It also protects against loss and theft..... no case can do that. And I always have a backup if the work is critical. Never a worry. I think that’s wise. YMMV.

Jeff

The SL is weather sealed and built like a tank. I’ve never used a case for any camera and have never needed one. But I carry insurance for full replacement cost on all my gear, for all circumstances worldwide and no deductible, and for a very modest annual premium. It also protects against loss and theft..... no case can do that. And I always have a backup if the work is critical. Never a worry. I think that’s wise. YMMV.

Jeff

Jeff, what insurance company are you using?

I have ruber lens shade.

Your age and years of photography has nothing to do with this question. Leica has offers of camera case for protection, so does many camera case vendor. Some of them have hundred years of making and selling camera or camera cases. I dont think you could be smarter.

The question is not about camera case or not, it is about which is better for this particular camera.

Any business is interested in maximizing profits, and Leica is no exception. Camera cases have profit margins of thousands per cent, and it would be strange if Leica did not capitalize on this simple fact. We, as consumers, have to be grateful to Leica for giving us choices, yet to make our own decisions based on common sense, whether we need this extra layer of protection, or just want another accessory for another cool toy :)