Compatibility of a new CL with a SF 24D flash?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

[...] The main drawback is that it is very expensive for such a simple small flash which tilts but does not rotate. [...]

In Europe, the SF 26 RSP price (320 EUR incl. VAT) is almost the same as that of SF 24D (310 EUR in 2014) which doesn't tilt and has no LED facility AFAIK. Got my new SF 26 for 310 EUR BTW so all hope is not lost for the poor Leica user. ;) 

• Like 1

It's for the small point and shoot Leicas which are manufactured by Panasonic. Not for the Q/M/CL/TL/SL/TL2 cameras, which have a different flash protocol. These require the SF26 from Leica.

I agree, it's confusing.

thanks,understand,for panaleicas only

In Europe, the SF 26 RSP price (320 EUR incl. VAT) is almost the same as that of SF 24D (310 EUR in 2014) which doesn't tilt and has no LED facility AFAIK. Got my new SF 26 for 310 EUR BTW so all hope is not lost for the poor Leica user. ;) 

Yes, but the SF24D has on-flash controls, which the SF26 lacks.

Yes, but the SF24D has on-flash controls, which the SF26 lacks.

im lucky, seller made discount and free ship im bought used sf26 for 135€ ,perfect works on my cl body,really small flash.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by leonasj

If anyone is interested, I just got the SF60 and the wireless trigger for it last week. It's actually very nice. I used to own the Nissin version for my Nikon and the Leica one actually exposes better. I highly recommend it.