My Q is stocked on F2.8

Hi

My Q will not shift from f2.8, no matter what, if I use my phone as control I can change it, but when I close my phone it is back on 2.8, regardless of what I do, and it is not in Macro mode :( back to wetzlar or?

I would switch between macro mode and normal mode several times, probably it is an electrical contact problem.

If this does not help, the camera must be repaired or replaced.
  • Like 2

I would switch between macro mode and normal mode several times, probably it is an electrical contact problem.

If this does not help, the camera must be repaired or replaced.

I`we send it back to Leica :( I am the owner of 4 x Canon, 1 x Olympus and 1 x fujifilm 2 x Leica. The only cameras that had to be send back for repair is the 2 Leica 3 times total in only 3 years. :(

Porsche can be used daily and is more reliable than Ferrari ;)

My cupholder failed in my Porsche after 7 years. I’m so disappointed in their non-perfect reliability. Lol. My Porsche has been stunningly reliable all 15 years of driving.

• Like 1

Porsche can be used daily and is more reliable than Ferrari ;)

Yes, but there are areas in Amsterdam where you cannot drive them without being stopped by the police on a regular basis. ;)

Well if it as a Porsche or Ferrari, and the engine spontaneously exploded, you wouldn’t expect to have to pay for a new one.

I hope there is some kind of warranty recourse. Otherwise, that would seem totally ridiculous!

No warranty recourse :( 

No warranty recourse :(

I cannot also attest that some small percentage of Porsche 986 (Boxster) engines do spontaneously implode. IMS bearing failure. For awhile Porsche stood behind them and there was a class action lawsuit. At this point with a 15 year old car, it would all be on me. I think thats pretty much been the case after 8 years old.

Guest tofu_man

th

Well first of all it is not a Porsche or a Ferrari. it ain't that fast ;)

They want 1.380,00 EUR to fix it, nearly 1/3 of the New price. My love for Leica has cooled. sadly. :(

that's a lot of money....it seems in poor taste that others should joke about it  :(

I get the impression that the Q is very expensive to repair. Mine is well out of warranty, and I'm thinking about selling it, and getting a used M9 (a camera I miss hugely). I'd probably think about getting a Fuji or Sony if I had to cough up nearly 1,400 EUR to repair my Q.