XV pictures remaining counter malfunctioning

pwsmith

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just received a new (used) XV.  Seems to be working fine except that the counter in the lower left of the window that informs how many images remain on the sd card is malfunctioning.   It will not reset when a new card is installed.  It also will not change if I select a different RAW/JP combination.   At the present time it says I have 60 remaining and will move down as I take a shot.  But it won't reset or vary if I change a card or setting.   Nothing I can think of doing seems to affect this, including updating the firmware from 1.0 to 1.1.  Anyone experience this or have any thoughts?

Thanks David and Chicago.  Have used a couple of different cards, one of which is new.   Cards are fine; they work in other cameras.  Did the factory reset.  No change.  Don't think it's the card contacts within the camera as the camera is recording new photos just fine.   Not sure how to clean the contacts anyway - pretty tight in there.  The counter itself is misbehaving - its goes down when I take a shot but not up when I empty the card or put a new one in or change the setting to shoot jpeg only.  It currently shows 60 shots remaining.  I'll shoot down to zero and see if it resets itself but I'm not confident.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Some computers do not remove pictures from the card when you delete them. Pictures are deleted only when you empty the trash can. This could account for the counter not increasing after removing pictures.