Top 20: LUF Book 2018 Exhibition - Manchester

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Andy - have Stephens moved from their original central Manchester location?

Last time I was in I walked from Victoria Stn and past Selfridges then went down into an arcade and the shop was on the right. Next door up some steps was the other Stephens shop. Same place??

It’s not been called Stephens for years. It’s now called Leica Store Manchester. David is still very active but his son Ben (an extremely nice guy) has got more involved over the last few years with Rick,Steve and Stewart and at least one more who,s name escapes me.The shop is in good hands for the future. Edited by Guest

To me it will always be Stephens. I started dealing with David's Dad when it used to be Stephens of Salford. The first Leica camera I bought from there was a Double Wind M3 in 1969. I hate to think how much money I've handed over their counter since, but have enjoyed the service, friendship and product.

Only three more sales to get to 100...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I have just delivered the prints to David, who has kindly offered to hang them over the next couple of days.

Therefore, if anyone was going to bust a gut to get there to help on Saturday morning (thanks for the offers), you can rest easy and arrive at your leisure!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I will still get there in the morning, to put labels on the 20 prints etc.

Unfortunately, there is no tram service from the office (where I can park for free) to the city from Saturday, so I will have to look at other options.

We'll park in Leigh, where we're staying on Saturday night and come in on the guided bus. Of course, using our Bus Passes, it's free. :)  :)

Catch up with you Saturday.

Edited by lanetomlane

We'll park in Leigh, where we're staying on Saturday night and come in on the guided bus. Of course, using our Bus Passes, it's free. :)  :)

I don't know if it makes it any easier, but there's a park and ride car park off Astley Street in Tyldesley, and another big one on the East Lancs where it goes under the M60.

• Like 1

The Top 20 shots, in alphabetical order, in the exhibition starting today are:

Come and see them if you can!

• Like 5

Had a very pleasant visit with Barbara to the Leica store Manchester this afternoon. Well worth a visit to view some great photographs. Had a nice chat with Andy but unfortunatly missed Paul Mac who had been there in the morning.

It was great to see Andy again, and get cought up with all things Leica. The photos look fab, and the staff all very knowledgable and helpful. The M10 is calling........ Even think I got my brother interested. Thanks to all.

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone who came along yesterday, especially those who drove, trained or even flew a long way. I hope you all enjoyed your visit to Manchester.

And thanks to Paul for posting these.

And especially I’d like to thank all of the 20 photos’ authors who generously sponsored the printing of the shots.

I must offer a special thanks too, to David who kindly offered the space for the exhibition and bought the drinks and sandwiches, and all his colleagues who worked extremely hard on Saturday morning getting everything ready for two o’clock.

Everyone that I spoke to that was there was very impressed with the body of work on display - and rightly so.

Now, I just need to get over the “Doh!” moment I had driving into town yesterday and get a little display piece so that people know where to buy the actual books!

• Like 4

Pics from yesterday Leica Forum Book 2018 Exhibition, event in Manchester.

Sorry about the really low res but forum limits prevent larger images. Sure you all get the gist of it though!

I tried to contact you but couldn’t for some reason.

Thanks Des

Thanks for sharing the photos. Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it to see my photo hanging up - a shame as I’ve never had anything displayed in a gallery. If anyone has a shot of the Kiosk Guy they could share I would be very grateful.

• Like 1

On the stairs on the way down
  • Like 2