Top 20: LUF Book 2018 Exhibition - Manchester

Hi Andy,

Thanks for doing all the hard work. I wish I could attend the event, but Singapore is quite long way to fly to Manchester! I used to go to Manchester when I stayed with my cousin in Oldham during the Christmas break. This was back in 1979 when I was a student in the UK. My last visit to Manchester was 4 years ago when I had to make to detour to visit Old Trafford on my trip to the Lake District. My son is a Man U fan.

I have received the LUF 2018 Book and it looks great.

Best regards,

N S Ng

• Like 1

Pics from yesterday Leica Forum Book 2018 Exhibition, event in Manchester.  

Sorry about the really low res but forum limits prevent larger images. Sure you all get the gist of it though!

Thanks Paul for posting these photos. I saw my photo, Bali Sunrise.

Best regards,

N S Ng

• Like 2

I went to see the exhibition yesterday with a friend who was gobsmacked at the quality, both of the 20 and the 100 in the book. I left her working out if she could afford a Leica  ;)

What is going to happen to the prints after the exhibition closes, Andy? Unless they are going to a good home or being sold for more fund raising, I would be happy to get hold of mine.

Paul

I am pleased that your friend was impressed.

I haven't decided what to do with the prints when they come down later this week. You are very welcome to have yours, of course.

Oliver in Germany has been talking to his dealer about a similar exhibition, but I think that it would be better to have them reprinted and mounted over there, as the chances of getting them to him in one piece and good condition is pretty slim.

• Like 1

The exhibition has now closed at Leica Manchester.

I will collect all the prints when they have been taken off the walls.

Getting them sent to the photographers in good condition and in one piece is going to be extremely difficult, I’m afraid. I don’t have the ability to package and box them up to survive posting or couriering sensibly.

If anyone wants to collect theirs from me, they are very welcome to do so. I will let you know when they are in my possession.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, I am unable to pick up the picture in Manchester. If a shipment to Germany is somehow possible, I would of course take over the entire cost of postage and packaging. Greetings 

Bernd

Thanks for the offer, but I suspect that it would be cheaper to have another printed locally, rather than for me to have it shipped to Germany, having also bought packaging large enough to ship it safely and in good condition.