Light band at top of image

fotobrooks

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone seen or had this problem with their M9? Gets worse at high shutter speeds. Does it on any lens, these are with 90mm. First pic ISO160 f/16 1/350sec. Second pic ISO160 f/5.7 1/3000sec

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest jvansmit

that happened to my M9M recently....it turned out to be a shutter fault which only occurred at shutter speeds over 1/1000.

I've been quoted $350 equivalent for the shutter replacement (though this might be discounted as my camera is already at the service centre having its sensor replaced).

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply It's just come back from Germany after 7 months. Leica UK sent it as a trade-in (it wasn't) and it was lost in the system for 4 months! Its had a new sensor and complete overhaul (Leica UK paid for it) and now come back doing this...! OK will take it back in and see what they will do.

Guest jvansmit

My shutter issue was diagnosed by the service centre when they were doing the checks after the CCD sensor replacement though I hadn't noticed any issues immediately prior to sending in the camera.

They just told me that they're still waiting for a new shutter, 7 weeks now, and don't know when it will arrive....  :(