Lyon One Challenge : 13/10/18

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Having attempted this morning to get the funicular up to Fourviere that line, the F2,  Is suspended until 17 October. I didn’t spot that on my trawl of Lyon resources on line.

There is apparently a replacement bus service from St Just to Fouviere; the other funicular F1 to Minimes and St Just is running.

Edited by jcraf
Added info

1 hour ago, photoallee said:

Unfortunately we are not able to join this year's Challenge after 5 years of uninterrupted attendance. 

"The Seven Year Itch"...

Actually we've attended 6 Challenges so far, not 5 as mentioned above - Copenhagen, Wetzlar, Wien, Istanbul, Lisbon and Rome. 

We are really upset to miss this one.

DD & CD

• Thanks 1

The nice lady at Info told me that the alternative way to get to Place Fourviere (for tomorrow evening) is to take the other funicular from the same Metro station (Sojerie Saint George's), get off at Mimimes and walk to Place de Fourviere, which takes 7 minutes and is across flat ground.

Pete. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, photoallee said:

"The Seven Year Itch"...

Actually we've attended 6 Challenges so far, not 5 as mentioned above - Copenhagen, Wetzlar, Wien, Istanbul, Lisbon and Rome. 

We are really upset to miss this one.

DD & CD

I'm very sorry to hear this. Just to mention we are working on a Challenge out of the usual schedule on 4th May 2019.

The ICE is currently eight minutes late. Means I have one minute left to catch the TGV...

Stefan

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, farnz said:

The nice lady at Info told me that the alternative way to get to Place Fourviere (for tomorrow evening) is to take the other funicular from the same Metro station (Sojerie Saint George's), get off at Mimimes and walk to Place de Fourviere, which takes 7 minutes and is across flat ground.

Pete. 

I did get off at Minimes to have a look at the Roman amphitheatres and got the impression that Fourvieres is indeed quite close (qv the map, I guess) but I got the impression it is not quite a level walk. Additionally only one platform at Minimes has a lift.  The service up and down uses alternative platforms in turn, so to speak, so that each of the 2 platforms serves an up and a down service in turn,  if you get what I mean.....It caught me out, as it did a visiting nun, who I advised in pigeon French, only to realise that what I thought was the down platform was, for the next train in, the up one. Must be something to do with the vagaries of funicular railways. It could only happen to me! 

1 hour ago, farnz said:

Pete. 

Pete, 

Is not the restaurant at the top of the funicular for lunch tomorrow not evening? 

Wilson

Cela a fonctionné :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

23 minutes ago, andybarton said:

We have been to the cafe at the top this morning. The entrance is from the small square with the car parking and not the street. 

WHAT IS the address and name fir lunch tomorrow I am At Radisson Blu need info for uber same address please for dinner

3 hours ago, jcraf said:

I did get off at Minimes to have a look at the Roman amphitheatres and got the impression that Fourvieres is indeed quite close (qv the map, I guess) but I got the impression it is not quite a level walk. Additionally only one platform at Minimes has a lift.  The service up and down uses alternative platforms in turn, so to speak, so that each of the 2 platforms serves an up and a down service in turn,  if you get what I mean.....It caught me out, as it did a visiting nun, who I advised in pigeon French, only to realise that what I thought was the down platform was, for the next train in, the up one. Must be something to do with the vagaries of funicular railways. It could only happen to me! 

...so if you see a Nun going round and round the funiculare….🧕😉

Edited by robert_parker

3 minutes ago, robert_parker said:

...so if you see a Nun going round and round the funiculare….🧕😉

I saw her in the Vieux Lyon metro station at the bottom of the funicular a bit later; she had evidently got down before I did. Perhaps she abseiled or parachuted down. Anyhow, she shot me a withering glance.

Just now, jcraf said:

I saw her in the Vieux Lyon metro station at the bottom of the funicular a bit later; she had evidently got down before I did. Perhaps she abseiled or parachuted down. Anyhow, she shot me a withering glance.

….she probably had the right connections....😉

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, robert_parker said:

….she probably had the right connections....😉

Well, she certainly appeared to have moved in a mysterious way. 

Sorry you can’t be with us Robert. I’ll have a beer for you later! 

Edited by jcraf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jcraf said:

Well, she certainly appeared to have moved in a mysterious way. 

Sorry you can’t be with us Robert. I’ll have a beer for you later! 

Great idea - have a super time !!

(ps. if you see a flying Nun later.....)...

Edited by robert_parker
  • Thanks 1

The lunchtime gathering

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4