Noctilux 75/1.25 images

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My first evening out with this lens. -John

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by geddon_jt
  • Like 1

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Am 25.10.2018 um 01:26 schrieb Eesand:

As it turns out, after several experiments involving other bodies, my m10-p is headed to leica to calibrate the range finder. 

Glad to see that my newly acquired M10-P is perfectly aligned with the 75 Noctilux-M

ISO 640 f/1.25 @1/60 sec. Edited by Chaemono

2 hours ago, Chaemono said:

Glad to see that my newly acquired M10-P is perfectly aligned with the 75 Noctilux-M

ISO 640 f/1.25 @1/60 sec.

This one is shot with an m-10 which is about 13 months old.  This camera focuses slightly in front of where the r/f says its focused, so, with some practice, after I line up, I nudge the focus ring just a tad toward a larger distance.  I now nail nearly everything.  After the M10-P returns from the hospital, the M-10 which is much closer to correct will go in for the same treatment.

• Like 2

The 75 nocti can do this, too.  It's around F4 on this.

Edited by Eesand
  • Like 8

I cannot afford such a fancy lens- but I am lucky enough to have an ancient Biotar 75 1.4... Not quite as sharp:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 10/25/2018 at 12:26 AM, Eesand said:

As it turns out, after several experiments involving other bodies, my m10-p is headed to leica to calibrate the range finder. 

It is probobly too late to say that you can calibrate it yourself. All you need is a 2mm Allen key (hex wrench). I spent just over an hour calibrating both my M240s on Monday. The screw that you need acess to is on the lever in the lens mount.

I set the camera up on a tripod and a target, with small text, in good light. Plus I set something slightly in front and behind. Just so I can see where the focus point is changed to. As you are looking down on the camera with the allen key in the nut, turning the key anti-clockwise sets the focus furter away while turning clockwise sets the focus nearer to the camera. By the way, only use tine adjustments, so a long handle allen key is easer to use.

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2018 at 6:43 AM, jto555 said:

It is probobly too late to say that you can calibrate it yourself. All you need is a 2mm Allen key (hex wrench). I spent just over an hour calibrating both my M240s on Monday. The screw that you need acess to is on the lever in the lens mount.

I set the camera up on a tripod and a target, with small text, in good light. Plus I set something slightly in front and behind. Just so I can see where the focus point is changed to. As you are looking down on the camera with the allen key in the nut, turning the key anti-clockwise sets the focus furter away while turning clockwise sets the focus nearer to the camera. By the way, only use tine adjustments, so a long handle allen key is easer to use.

thanks.  I think the M10 r/f is redesigned from the M240, so maybe adjustment process is different?  BTW, I have one of those, and it's well used, the r/f is totally spot on.

• Thanks 1

MP240 75 Noctilux wide open

• Like 10

On 11/1/2018 at 4:43 AM, jto555 said:

My M10P arrived brand new mis calibrated (it was good but not perfect) on the focus, thanks to this (I would not say easy) adjustment I got it spot on now without returning the camera. Thanks god the other calibrations of the patch were perfect, they are much more difficult to achieve (infinity, vertical, horizontal) .There is a detailed explanation on this forum with graphics and pictures on how to do this. I have now the 2mm Allen key always in my photo bag just in case... Also I never had to recalibrate my M240 for the 3 years I have been using it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kikouyou said:

My M10P arrived brand new mis calibrated (it was good but not perfect) on the focus, thanks to this (I would not say easy) adjustment I got it spot on now without returning the camera. Thanks god the other calibrations of the patch were perfect, they are much more difficult to achieve (infinity, vertical, horizontal) .There is a detailed explanation on this forum with graphics and pictures on how to do this. I have now the 2mm Allen key always in my photo bag just in case... Also I never had to recalibrate my M240 for the 3 years I have been using it.

thanks.  I have a well used m10 still under warranty which I sent in, it also was off a bit, nowhere near as much as the m10-p.  The m240 which is even more well used is spot on perfect.  Wonder whether manufacturing process on the 10's is a bit lax, or whether there is some other issue.  Of course, this sample size is small.

This is about a 100% crop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For me, and ofcourse speaking only for myself.....

This thread was very helpful,

i am very happy owning the 75 crorn. i still consider the cron a top performer and think that if you own the 75 nocti you may still want the cron for various reasons,  similar reasons some folks have multiple 50's 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2018 at 11:16 PM, rsolomon said:

For me, and ofcourse speaking only for myself.....

This thread was very helpful,

i am very happy owning the 75 crorn. i still consider the cron a top performer and think that if you own the 75 nocti you may still want the cron for various reasons,  similar reasons some folks have multiple 50's 

Yes, the 75Nocti and the 75Lux and the 75Cron all have a place of their own.

Not to overlook the lovely Hector 73 and Summarex 85.

Each so different.

21 hours ago, TheGodParticle said:

Yes, the 75Nocti and the 75Lux and the 75Cron all have a place of their own.

Not to overlook the lovely Hector 73 and Summarex 85.

Each so different.

Hari, would you care to elaborate how you place three fast 75s; f1.25, f1.4 and f2.

• Like 1

75 wide open

• Like 2