Leica IIIf. Some photos with light reflections?.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Soy nuevo con Leica IIIf. De 38 fotos 4 han dado un problema de reflexión de la luz.

¿Qué puede pasar? ..

* Es mi culpa, todavía no lo he dominado ...

* Fracaso del objetivo Elmar 50 mm f3.5 ..

* Etc.

Espero por ayuda.

Foto 1, falla de la luz, Foto 2,  No Light failure of equal shot.
Lo mismo en las fotos 3 y 4.

291m6x2.jpg  ...  2e1u5n7.jpg

24vk494.jpg

2djea2p.jpg

¿Con qué frecuencia es recomendable realizar CLA en Leica IIIF?

Gracias

Edited by Dopaco

Slow leak? The camera has been unused for some time in the 1 and 3 pictures, but after taking the pictures you have immediately wound the film on and have fresh film unaffected by the leak in pictures 2 and 4.

Creo que 250swb tiene razón. No es un problema con tu lente o tu manejo de la cámara, sino con luz que está entrando a la cámara, sea por las cortinas, o por parte del cuerpo. La solución es llevar la cámara a un técnico. Dónde te encuentras?

250sb, M9reno:

Hi, thanks for stopping and commenting.
If it does not have an easy solution, I will have to take it to the Technician, Zaragoza, Alicante, or Madrid (Spain).
Ask for a quote and if it is high buy another and cross fingers if there is better luck.

Of 38 photos, these are the 4 that show a light leak .:

Fhoto 2/38

24vk494.jpg

F. 11/38

fwq54g.jpg

F.25/38

2467z2v.jpg

F.36/38

1589xyb.jpg

It looks really like a light leak close to upper, right corner, view from back of the camera.

The 4 photos with light leakage.

It seems to be at the same point.:

2usvbqw.jpg
Edited by Dopaco
  • Like 1

Dopaco, have a look at this link.

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149704

It concerns a different type of camera, of course, but the idea of putting a tiny LED inside your camera and going into a dark room (or closet) to spot the leak is a good one.

Have a close look at your *negatives* to help you identify the spot exactly. You are right to be looking in the upper right area of the camera, somewhere near the left rangefinder window as seen from the front. The area of the take-up spool on the same side of the camera near the strap lug is also possible.

Good luck.

Looking at your light leak, I am surprised at the diffuse nature of the area of the film affected by the leak. I had a similar problem with my UR Replica modified from a UR Dummy here in Korea. It was also in the same area. As a temporary solution, I took some black electrical tape and covered the suspected area with it. It did solve the problem. Then I took the camera to my technition in Seoul and he used black gasket cement to eliminate the leak. Be aware these leaks can be so small that it is impossible to see their origins.

Thanks to all for the interest in helping.
Today I have been all day about it and I hope I have solved it.

The link of M9reno has helped me a lot. I had the idea to do the same with my flashlight and I could see a light leak where I indicated in the attached photos.

vxogmb.jpg

3348e1c.jpg

Looking at these links:

http://classicbikenut.com/index.php/a-leica-ly-story/

I prepared tools and following the steps of the video I could see small holes in the top of one of the curtains. In a mechanical / electrical workshop, I let a little liquid insulation tape permeate the area, wait for it to dry and reassemble everything, according to the video and everything has been fixed.

I need to prove it physically, that I will do these days.

I will comment ...

a greeting

• Like 1

Today I received the test photos made with my Leica IIIF, after having repaired the theme of the curtains and ..... SURPRISE! ..., No photo of 36 showed signs of light leakage.

I appreciate all the advice and help I received.

Here are some recent photos:

npgo6u.jpg

nzhshe.jpg

2dkmsmu.jpg

• Like 3