No HDMI output in photo-mode?

wjdrijfhout

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The HDMI output seems to only work in video-mode. When in photo-mode, I get a nice red Leica-dot on the screen. Does anyone know if there is a setting for this that can be altered?

Interestingly enough, when I try the same thing with the TL2, it gives a nice HDMI output in both photo- and video-mode. 

In the absence of articulating screens, angle-finders etc, I was hoping to use an HDMI field-monitor for (macro) shots at difficult angles. 

Possible work arounds: 1- Can stills be taken while video is being recorded?  Leica Store Miami sells the Leica SL (Typ 601) Right Angle Finder, 1x and 2x  settings.  My wifi has been inconsistent, the angle finder never fails.  

https://leicastoremiami.com/collections/sl-system-camera-accessories/products/leica-sl-typ-601-right-angle-finder-br?variant=11475471685

Did not know it would also fit the SL. Interesting option, although it seems to slide into the hotshoe, so no space anymore for a flash trigger.

The RAF is not one and the same for S and SL, they are slightly different to fit the camera configurations.  However, having the S RAF, I am able to use it with a very thin shoe adapter on the SL, not a perfect fit but good enough.  

The shoe is unavailable for any other purpose, the pc socket could trigger a flash or flash trigger. 

Such a great camera is the SL, too bad it is limited by these small obstacles.  When they start adding up I revert to Canon or Nikon.