Leica Digilux collection.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My first digital Leica, prehistory of mega pixels.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes old digital cameras.  I like the variety of industrial designs back before camera companies settled on what forms sold best.  That trio is in great looking shape.  Do you use them?

Scott

Edited by skucera
  • Like 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes old digital cameras.  I like the variety of industrial designs back before camera companies settled on what forms sold best.  That trio is in great looking shape.  Do you use them?

Scott

I am passionate about Leitz -Leica and I collect everything about the brand. With these three cameras I start my collection of digital. The three, have barely shots and I do not use them.

(The eternal debate "I only collect them").

A cordial greeting to all lovers of the Leica world.

• Like 1

Love the 64MB cards...

Funny how marketers and buyers were so conditioned to 12, 24, or 36 exposures per roll that a 64 MB card seemed OK until you got a 256 MB card... and then 512, and 1 or 2 GB.... I still have a few of those little cards in a box, and in a desk drawer at work.

I haven’t run across any Leica Digilux cameras yet, but I bought a Panasonic LUMIX with a Leica Vario-Elmarit zoom years ago new. It was a great camera... still have it beside my bed, but I haven’t taken it out for years... only 5 megapixels.

Scott

I had the Zoom and the 4.3. Both good cameras for their time but rather limited by the power supply of just 2 x AA NiMh batteries. I remember going on a company bonding exercise in February at some stately house, where it was freezing cold (I got the course cheap in February :)). I was trying to take some photographs of the whole party lined up outside before breakfast on the last day. It was around -10ºC. I think I was getting around 2 or 3 photographs per set of batteries. The first memory card I bought was a 128MB (yes not GB!) MMC card which cost me around £130 from the Leica dealer in Baden Baden. The 4.3 bought from the same dealer was around £650. The 4.3 was a much better camera than the zoom and when I later exchanged it for a Digilux 1, I was desperately disappointed with the D1. The D2 was again a huge improvement on the D1 and apart from its low light performance (max ISO a very noisy 400) was an excellent camera, at least until its sensor died. 

I too had a Contax G2 kit at this time, after a horrible experience with a "Friday" M7, which spent more time at Leica UK than in my hands for the 9 months until I got my money back. 

Wilson

Funny how marketers and buyers were so conditioned to 12, 24, or 36 exposures per roll that a 64 MB card seemed OK until you got a 256 MB card... and then 512, and 1 or 2 GB.... I still have a few of those little cards in a box, and in a desk drawer at work.

I haven’t run across any Leica Digilux cameras yet, but I bought a Panasonic LUMIX with a Leica Vario-Elmarit zoom years ago new. It was a great camera... still have it beside my bed, but I haven’t taken it out for years... only 5 megapixels.

Scott

I think these were rebranded Fuji cameras.

• Like 1

Yes, rebranded Fuji's before Leica go into bed with Panasonic instead.

What I find interesting is that the early digital cameras, in general, looked nothing much like any film cameras of the time. Sony made some radical early models too. At some point the designers decided to replicate film cameras with digital sensors. I'm not sure which approach works better.

Nice little gems :

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3