M240 Problem

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Not too sure where to begin but this just started an hour ago. I just finished charging my M240's batteries and inserted one to test it out. First thing, the camera turns on but the power switch is "off" and the screen tells me the battery door is open and need to be close, which I close right after and the message disappears. I switch the power to "on/S" but notice there is no frame lines in the viewfinder and just a small red light. I press the shutter button, the shutter doesn't fire and I don't hear it. I tried switching the different power modes "S/C/timer" and no changes. What I can do is turn on the lcd screen and I can view the menu and info. I tried resetting everything and formatting but no changes and also to turn off the camera I have to remove the battery and I cant use the power switch. Please I need help...

I’m not sure which work but leaving the battery out for 24hr and then loading the updated firmware fixed things! Thank you so much guys, I was really worried because I would be out another camera after my m7 was sent in for a rangefinder calibration and Leica is taking forever to fix it.

• Like 1

I’m not sure which work but leaving the battery out for 24hr and then loading the updated firmware fixed things! Thank you so much guys, I was really worried because I would be out another camera after my m7 was sent in for a rangefinder calibration and Leica is taking forever to fix it.

Glad it worked out well. Now we demand pictures! :D

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Cuongle, welcome here.

- if you have a second battery charged, try it after cleaning the contacts

- taking out the battery for 1-2 days is one way to "reset" the M before upgrading  to new firmware ( 2.0.6.0 ? )

- please describe how is the "not working" ( frame lines, LED blinking, LV, etc. ).

10 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

Cuongle, welcome here.

- if you have a second battery charged, try it after cleaning the contacts

- taking out the battery for 1-2 days is one way to "reset" the M before upgrading  to new firmware ( 2.0.6.0 ? )

- please describe how is the "not working" ( frame lines, LED blinking, LV, etc. ).

Hi,

I did like that before. The red light still on and the shutter is not working.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

All the buttons  under the monitor is working. All the button beside shutter is not work.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Interesting that the line "format SD card" is greyed out, but that the camera does not display " no SD card" or "SD card full".  It appears to me that it can detect that an SD card is inserted, but cannot access it. That means that either the SD card is dead, or that there is an issue with the SD reader in the camera.

2 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

No card ?

If possible, put in a formated new SD card.

Shutter button here is in right position, 1/90s,

when you turn the shutter button do the numbers change ?

I told you in the picture. Shutter button is not working

You may be able to read from it, but the camera displays 0% and cannot format. That means that the camera cannot get information from it. If the card is OK and another card still gives the same problem, the card reader in the camera may be broken, or there might be another problem down the line in the camera, maybe as simple as a flex connector working loose. Send the camera to Leica. Speculating on a forum won't get it working again.

• Like 1