Working with the Leica 90mm Summicron L

MikelM10

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Forums are such an interesting playground for finger active adults. This thread is a good example of a convergence of interest (SL 90) and divergence of opinions.

While you read comments on SL90 having sluggish AF to noisy & vibration and to quick and precise AF comments.

To some readers who had no experience in handling SL and native lenses must be totally confused.

Personally I’m happy as there are more interest in the SL native lenses now in these threads than I previously felt that the SL forum must be filled with bunch of senior citizens who only continue to operate on manual focusing lenses on the SL therefore there were very few interest on how well can one utilize the SL’s AF.

Forums are such an interesting playground for finger active adults. This thread is a good example of a convergence of interest (SL 90) and divergence of opinions.

While you read comments on SL90 having sluggish AF to noisy & vibration and to quick and precise AF comments.

To some readers who had no experience in handling SL and native lenses must be totally confused.

Personally I’m happy as there are more interest in the SL native lenses now in these threads than I previously felt that the SL forum must be filled with bunch of senior citizens who only continue to operate on manual focusing lenses on the SL therefore there were very few interest on how well can one utilize the SL’s AF.

Some of us choose to use M glass on the SL because we prefer manual focus, simplicity, and lighter weight, or in my case because I switched from an M 240 and find the EVF to be wonderful to use. Which is precisely one of the main marketing points Leica impresses about the camera and the mirrorless format, the flexibility. But I will buy SL glass, probably the 35 when Leica finally gets off their ass and makes it available (or really any of the Summicrons which are still incredibly thin on the ground here in the USA). I have no interest in the piggish cannons they've made available to date - but I understand their appeal for others. I guess I'm not narrow minded enough to think that everyone should use the SL the same way I do

• Like 1

Seattle Mariners relief pitchers Juan Nacasio and Erasmo Ramirez ponder where it all went wrong in a (rare) loss to the Anaheim Angels on the Fourth of July. This is actually one of those 100% crops from the full frame.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Above is a crop of this fella:

• Like 3

Is it just me, or does the latest firmware (3.2) not embed a lens profile in the DNGs?  Lightroom says "Unable to locate a matching profile automatically" in the lens corrections panel.

you're rigth, we had a discussion here some weeks ago:

Both new Summicrons (75SL too) include only something like a dummy lens profile with no correction; Leica thinks the new lenses doesn't need a digital correction, and this is right!

• Like 1

Here's the tug Island Chief (ex-Willamette Chief) pushing the evening gravel barge through Portage Bay; a bit nerve-wracking for the skipper as the waterway is chockablock with kayakers, paddle-boarders, and recreational boats on a warm day:

Here's the tug Island Chief (ex-Willamette Chief) pushing the evening gravel barge through Portage Bay; a bit nerve-wracking for the skipper as the waterway is chockablock with kayakers, paddle-boarders, and recreational boats on a warm day:

Interesting pic...