Iceland with M10?

6bit

[...]

Just ask for tap water at a restaurant...it is universally expected here, (unlike in Germany etc) so no one will give it a second thought. 

We didn't even have to ask. Everywhere were we sat down for a drink or something to eat we got a bottle of water. Even while having a cup of coffee.

We did bought a couple of two liter bottles for in the car while driving, but that's all.

• Like 2

Has any done Iceland with the M10? If so, do you wish you had taken a different body (ie Sony a7 series)? Also, what focal lengths did you use? And last but not least, would 35mm make it in Iceland?

I have had plenty tell me 24mm gets by fine but 35 seems more restrictive compared to 24.

I will be in the highlands mostly. Trying to decide if I should take my M10.

TIA

I think you will enjoy any camera you take with you.

Said that, i found a camera or a backup with waterproof or weather seal could give you a little more help. Also, if you can manage to do without relying on tripod will help too although it is better you have the tripod with when you can. In many water falls, the camera can get wet either because you are right near the water or the mist is so strong that it will reach you.

I had M9 with me and a FZ300 as a backup, but I wished I had a more water resistant backup. For example, a rain coat for the carera.

• Like 1

I was in Iceland end of September 2017 and got 2 times Aurora and I used m10. The best is using summilux because M10 can go only 30s.

Use asa 800 and 1600, 8 to 16 s.

Best lens should be the 21. Aurora is filling the sky, so 21 1.4 is the best.

I was in Iceland end of September 2017 and got 2 times Aurora and I used m10. The best is using summilux because M10 can go only 30s.

Use asa 800 and 1600, 8 to 16 s.

Best lens should be the 21. Aurora is filling the sky, so 21 1.4 is the best.

Just remember not to use much more than 20s Shutter as the stars will show signs of trails, which you dont really want...

Unless of course you want a proper star trail.